Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Giving Out Work!

Do any of you wonderful people have any simple ideas for giving out work at the end of the session. I need something practical and simple. We have used trays - anything else - Ikea storage..........??? Anything!! :o

We give our children's work directly to the parents when they come to collect the children, that way they get it and it isnt taking up loads of space in the room.

Do you know? I've been amazed at how good the children are at finding their own pictures/work , they know which one is theirs the majority of the time (Reception age), We sometimes lay them all out on a table for parents to see and direct parents to the table at hometime, that takes some pressure/time off us too!!

we have zip wallets for each child and parents check yhem daily the children know where the wallets are and put things in themselves they work well for us x jojom x

Guest DeborahF

We used "busy boxes" - when a child joined the group, we asked their parent to help them decorate a cereal/washing powder box and put their child's name on it and then to bring it every day so that their child could put things in that they wanted to take home and we could pop in any letters, etc.

The children loved them and it was an activity that the parents also seemed to enjoy doing with their child. Some just used wrapping paper to decorate them, others really went to town, making them very personalised with photos, favourite TV characters, etc. Some parents preferred to provide one of those large gift bags that you can get everywhere now, just adding their child's name to it.

I made pockets for our children. I think I am going to have to attach a photo tomorrow for you to get the idea. We have 32 pockets, for when we are full, and they have a picture on each. Their name cards are attached with velcro which they collect at the start of the morning. We then put any work and letters into the pocket for the end of the session. Parents then collect it all. If I remember I will take a photo and put it on here.

Linda

We have a cheap black bucket which we put paintings etc in, making sure they are all named. If a child has produced a lot of work we roll it up and put an elastic band around it. We also have these. Each slot is named and any smaller items/letters etc go in and the parents check them every session. :)

Each parent is asked to provide their child with a plastic folder with their name clearly marked. This is used to hold the childrens news books and for the children to take their work home in.During the session if the work doesn't need to dry the children put their own work away as they do it. At the end of the session the children find their own folder. So the children aren't all rushing at once we use different themes to encourage listening and thinking skills.Each child holds their folder untill each parent arrives and signs them out.This works well for us also I find that parents don't question their child and expect some artwork because its hard to see inside the folder.

Just got to say I had the 'ultimate' problemof where to put a child's work to give out!

We have been designing and making lunch boxes in the DT area and A has worked really hard for 4 days!!!

His lunch box started off as a large box that held toner for the lazer printer so was initially quite large. To this he added one of those boxes fruit is delivered in (shallow type you see in supermarkets) but it didnt have a lid! so he added another!!! Get the picture?

Still no lid.................. well we had our new Galt storage units delivered and they came in unit sized cardboardboxes. So ........................A cut a piece approx 3foot by 4 foot which was attached as a lid.

Mum arrived and made all the right noises bless her and even took it home with the help of another parents pushchair to show dad because he would be so proud of all the hard work :D Sometimes I really like parents :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)