Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

38 Weeks

hali

Part weeks are ok in Kent, which in a year equates to 190 days. :D

Mind you we have been messed about a bit, as I am sure most of you know about. End of last term we were told we could close for staff development days but still get funding, so I duly told parents we were not open until Weds 6th. On the prior friday received a letter from Kent saying staff development days would not be funded AAAHHH.

I rang and told them that their 'news' was too late for me to inform parents, so this term I will be short of the whole 14 weeks. They said they would still pay me the funding for a full 70 days. (phew)

Peggy

Ok for part weeks here too, but our funding yeasr runs from 1st april to 31st March , not school year from aug to sept. This caused us problems with this year as we could only fit in 185 days as Easter break comes after end march!!

have checked and we apparently can claim those days we will be open in April in next years funding !! Oh the joys of working out 190 days..we tried just following the school year but it did not fit in with the financial year not enough days this year but more than enough next... why is it all so complicated. we are lucky though and can claim any number of days/weeks we have the choice of being open less weeks if we wish.

ended up making a spreadsheet and had that plus term dates for schools for the year plus a calender to still get muddled ..got there eventually but it is really odd working a year from april !!

Inge

Hi

When I made this enquiry to our county council last term, I was told we wouldn't receive any funding for staff development days or for 'part' weeks at all. So we calculated when we were open (excluding staff dev. days) into weeks, then we had to move our summer close date to the Friday rather than the Wednesday of the same week, or lose the full weeks funding!!!

However, at the end of the summer term we received an 'estimate' form for funding to complete in advance of the next term (autumn) and on this form it indicates .."if your setting is open for odd days please round accordingly" - all I can assume is they had too many similar enquiries like mine?

Ok for part weeks here too, but our funding yeasr runs from 1st april to 31st March , not school year from aug to sept. This caused us problems with this year as we could only fit in 185 days as Easter break comes after end march!!

have checked and we apparently can claim those days we will be open in April in next years funding !! Oh the joys of working out 190 days..we tried just following the school year but it did not fit in with the financial year not enough days this year but more than enough next... why is it all so complicated. we are lucky though and can claim any number of days/weeks we have the choice of being open less weeks if we wish.

ended up making a spreadsheet and had that plus term dates for schools for the year plus a calender to still get muddled ..got there eventually but it is really odd working a year from april !!

Inge

We do the same as you. We have not had any problems claiming the full amount.

We get a form sent with our headcounts asking for the dates of when we are open, we then get funding for all these days, it doesn't matter if we start part week or not, we get funding for the days we are open (obviuosly within the 38 weeks).