Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play

We have had 2 clothes rails in the past year.... cheap ones but they were a real pain... not only from the point of view of they both broke... but they take up a lot of room and the children found it really hard to access the clothes without it all being knocked on the floor...

I finally got around to sorting out all the clothes today... I bought 2 laundry bags on metal frames for £2.19 each from ikea for the clothes to go in.... I will see how that goes.... but at least no more hanging the clothes up for it too be knocked off.

L

We use a clothes airer, it has three sides, which we stand in a triangle shape, joining two sides with a clip, then we peg the clothes to it. It's lightweight, yet sturdy, folds flat ( with the clothes on it) and stores neatly in our cupboard. :D

Peggy

At my old group we had one from Galt which had a hanging rail and room at the bottom for shoes etc. Trouble was the children used to love to sit in the bottom and 'hide' amongst the clothes! It was very sturdy though and nice to look at.

Although in a hall we are lucky to be able to have some cupboards around the walls which we lock, so we have a childrens wardrobe for the clothes, box in the bottom for the hats etc, but you can get some with a drawer at the bottom, we went to a local charity shop and bought it for only £5.00! Sturdy, lockable and takes lots.

Have worked in places with lots of others, most broke, some children tried to constantly hide in the bottom box, others hard to move when you have to put away each day,

we like hangers though as the children soon learn to hang items up and we have them for their own coats too on a rail which has been home made in past years ( a box on wheels with a rail above it in scaffolding poles!), parents become surprised at how they manage to hang thier own coats on a hanger!

Inge

Edited by Inge

We just have a hanging rail which we puchased from a well known diy store, It is on wheels, so convenient to wheel in and out of the cupboard. we have had it for over a year now and still in one piece, not bad for £9.00

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)