Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So Disheartened

at the start of the summer holidays I spent over a week sorting out my new classroom-arranging into areas and throwing a lot of stuff out. went in today to put symbols on things and label up my areas to find everything has been moved. i can only assume its the cleaners but nothing is now in the right place. its so depressing-now im going to have to go back in on fri and I havent even finished my planning yet! i wanted everything to be right for when I went back (its my NQT year so am terrified anyway).

just feel so down about everything now and worried its all going to go really badly.

sorry for my rant. sure i'll feel better on mon.

Jo

Hey Jo, twas ever thus. probably hundreds of us out there who've had exactly the same thing happen!! In my case it was summer play centre who would trash the place. Don't worry, you'll get it back in place and all will be well - next term check if there's a deep clean in the christmas holiday and it can help to leave the cleaners a map of what goes where. It's just part of the rich tapestry of school life I'm afraid! :oxD

You could get the children to discuss with you what should go where - treat it as a getting to know you task, a real life problem! The rooms been messed around and we need to plan how it should look. Draw maps, discuss, share ideas.........could work?

Relax and enjoy the last few days of the holiday, think about your first few days and what you will do - you've got a whole wonderful career in teaching to enjoy and love. (Including the annoying habuits of the cleaners sometimes!!)

Cx :(

It doesnt seem to matter when you set things up the cleaners always seem to move things...........We are going in on Friday and I can bet come Tuesday things won't be as we leave them.

Good Luck with everything and try not to worry.

thank you everyone-nice to know a lot of others have been in the same boat. all kids in my class are ASD or PMLD so wanted everything in the right places for them. think i'll pop in on fri-shouldnt take me too long.

Jo

Sorry for your findings, same as me Jo, went in today to prepare and local toddler group had used all our resources and made a big mess, blocked the fire exits and moved things, what I thought would be an hour or so work means that I have to go back in on Sunday to prepare for Monday, I had done everything else and this was to be the last thing to do, nevermind . :o

It's madness, you think you're ready and nothing goes to plan, we all know the feeling.

Today builders promised our new unit would be completed and ready for furniture and resources to be moved back in, well what can I say the cleaners were cleaning around dust, workmen, tools, materials, etc ............so no it's not ready and I said to the builders what is the likelihood of it being ready for friday? They said it will be ready when it's ready, aahh if only we could all live life so freely................. :)

But it is looking nice, how long freshly painted magnolia walls will stay that colour.............who knows..... :D

Oh Jo,

What a shame! Never mind, at least you know where everything was so it should be quicker and easier to do this time. Who knows, you might even decide to change it and that might work better. I know what its like when you want everything just so for your first day. Good luck! :D

Thanks for all of your supportive messages. Am going in tomorrow to sort it out-shouldnt take too long.

just finishing off planning now for first few days.

Jo

Oh Jo, sorry things have been messed up - at least if you had a big throw out you won;t have this to do again. As others have said it's part and parcel of teaching!

All the best for next year.

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)