Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Notice On Inspection

Gezabel

Hi Ruthie -

I'd be interested to know who runs your scheme. Also, since it's in the pilot stage I guess you're probably not being charged fully yet - but do you know how much they eventually intend for the service?

I'd agree with you that it's good to be seen to work towards a higher standard, but since all the QA schemes have to be vetted and passed by the DfES, I think if you achieve a QA award then there is scope to be exempt from the combined Ofsted inspection.

Hi

I would love to know exactly what is involved. I have heard of settings "working towards" QA but cannot find any information of what the requirements are. I have found settings that have been awarded QA. I thought maybe in the same way that Ofsted publish "are you ready for your inspection" there may be some sort of information availble - so that we can look and consider and decide whether to "go for it"

Thanks!

Geraldine, our local EYDCP organised training days where we could go and look at various QA schemes. When we had decided upon a scheme we then attended a training day for it. The trouble was ours was being updated so we did not get to take the packs away with us there and then. This meant we lost some of the momentum to start the scheme which arrived the week we broke up for Christmas! Hopefully, we are getting going now. The EYDCP are funding most of the cost of the scheme - I think we will have to pay about £100.

Hi Suzanne and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your first post.

Stockport EYDCP are formulating a QA scheme with the pre-schools-we are looking at other schemes and what is involved and hopefully we can develop one from there. They have already put one together for out of school clubs.

The intention is that the groups who are on the working party will pilot the scheme, for free I think. There has been no discussion as yet about what it will cost eventually.

I agree with Ruthie in that, in my understanding, QA is taking you on further than the requirements for OFSTED-making you look at where you can improve even on those areas which are already good.

I also agree with Steve though that once you have achieved QA it should mean that OFSTED inspections are not entirely appropriate, especailly if the scheme has an Investors in Children seal of approval.

linda