Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Don't Believe It....

beth1

I am over the moon today because I have been asked to attend an interview for the positon of pre-school assistant/deputy pre-school leader which I applied for a couple of weeks back.

argh!!! I will have to get cracking I still need to do a preschool plan for my certificates book, I have manged to complete the birth to three framework planning.

I wonder what sort of questions they will ask and what questions to ask them. :o

Well it's all fun and games trying to move up the career ladder!

The interview is next Tuesday Afternoon. So I have the weekend to plan for the foundation stage.

I just wish I could remember how to plan for the foundation stage? xD

I want to prove to the committee that I am suitable for the postion, so I thought to do a birth to three plan and a foundation stage plan - which is completly baffling me, its been 3 years since I have planned from scrach as all the foundation stage planning since then have been pre planned yearly, monthy and daliy plans. :o

beth

Good luck with the interview. Dont forget that BTT isnt about planning ahead but planning to the childrens interests. Foundation planning can be similar but with more focused activities as some settings are working without topics now and following the childens interests and needs more. Observations are key to it all so you might mention a few ways you could observe. Hope it goes well. :D

PS A question we always asked of interviewees at playgroup was 'what is your favourite activity and why. What are some of the possible learning outcomes from it.'

Beth.

Congratulations on getting an interview!

FOr your planning, perhaps you could do a long term plan for an area of the preschool (i.e. book corner) showing how all six areas of learning will be met over the course of the year (a spider-gram is an easy way to do this and it can then be displayed in the book corner for all staff to see)

Medium term, if you wanted to do them could either be topic based plans or enhancement resources and activities again for each area. (This usually works if you have continuous provision/workshop areas set up)

Weekly or daily focus plans would link to previous observations of the children and would clearly show individual children that are being planned for and how previous evaluations have influenced how you do an activity.

Hope that helps...

As far as questions are concerned, they tend to be scenario based - 'what would you do if...' So think about diffeent situations you have had to handle in the past with behaviour, difficult parents, working with a committee, managing workload etc OR 'can you tell me an example of when...' so think about special needs, equal opportunities, child protection, past responsibilities you have had.

Its a bit of a waffle, but gives you someting to think about over the weekend :o

Congratulations, good luck, good advice already and just be you, you have obviously come across well in your application form.

As an emplyer, I always ask interviewees what their plans are for the future ie: what do you think you will be doing in 5 years time. ( it's amazing how many say they want a bit of practice because they want to be a teacher in a school)

Look in the articles or resource section of the forum their is a very good piece about interviews.

Peggy

Thank you all for your best wishes. I was thinking of them during the interview today. I think I did well and kept mentioning this forum, I gots lots of smilies, oooh and aaahs, umms etc. They were very imprested when I mentioned people who I have worked with in the past and what they said about me.

Now I'll have to keep my fingers and toes crossed!!!!! :o

I will not get to know until Friday if I get the job, if not they will they ring???

Edited by beth1

fingers not crossed ( I'm typing xD:( ) but legs, toes and eyes are :o:(

seriously, best of luck, sounds like you got good vibes, if you don't get an offer then that's no bad thing, just view all your experiences as building blocks to a better future.

Peggy