Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow Real Thunder Storm

mundia

I wish i did but thunder is one thing which really petrifies me. Logically i don't know why but i absolutely hate it. My sister loves to turn the lights off and watch the lightening. I hide under my duvet. How sad!!!!!

Wonderful storm down here this morning, rain by the bucketful.

But not a patch on the one we had last week, went on for about 6 hours overnight really loud fantastic lightening, trouble was no one got any sleep and felt tired all next day.

needless to say i love storms,

did you know the safest place to be in a thunderstorm is in your car, it acts as a Faraday cage!

Inge

in my dim and distant past when I lived in zambia, we lived in a place that translated as 'place of lightening'. IT was pretty spectacular and frequently various things were sturck by ligthening. We were alwasy advisde that if ever out walking in the storm to put you hand in your back pocket, apparently if you were struck by lightening it was more likely to miss your heart!! Never needed to try it thankfully but we did hear people claim teir lives had been spared by this action!! (they did howeer have trouble sitting doen for a while!!)

Yes Inge presumabley as we are close we had the same storms, I also had a couple of sleepless nights, the thunder was louder than I have ever known, it was amazing, I was soo worried about my horses and trundled off in wellies and rain mac to check them, the field lit up with lightening and they were obliviously grazing and looked up as if to say "What thunder - get back inside you daft woman"!! :o

There was a big thunderstorm yesterday when I was in College siting my pre-entry test, it went on for about 20 mins just before we finished. Just what I needed big loud bangs over and over, in the classroom everyone struggled to concentrate I think.

Then I had to drive home in the rain, well I was just down the road from my house when a bolt of lightening hit the lambpost infront of the car. It made me jump!!

Today in West Yorkshire it is warm and sunny what a contast in weather.

At least the weather is not as half as bad than Florida's thunderstorms.

Sarah