Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Velcro Boards

Hi

At school we have fabric covered boards that we can stick velcro backed things too. My mum wants one for her pre-school to record who's had snack. I have hunted on the web for them but i can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one from please? I'm not back in school until the end of next week. We also had some really great blue fabric for velcro as well that came in metre lengths. Also hunted for that too but no luck.

Does any one have any other ideas for fabric that velcro sticks well too???

Thanks

Laura

We've always made our own. Cheaper in the long run and you can make them specifically for your setting. Does take a little while though, but worth it! Good luck with your hunt!

We made our own by using a cork notice board and buying some felt with a self adhesive backing. We are lucky as we have a local fabric shop based at a factory. It sells all sort of velcro as well - sew on or stick on etc.

Hello

I use velco all the time. I have found at BQ velco is sold by the meter which is cost effective for us as we use quite long strips. We have the plush side directly on the wall and on plain boards in strips like lines on a page. The adhesive is good so doesnt come of easily. Always remember to put plush/soft side on board/wall and the hooks on what you are wanting attached.

Does this make sense, its odd writing out what I do - start to doubt myself! Do things so alltomatically. We have bought cheap cork/white boards and put velcro strips along them so no need for material unless you want too. I would say if you are attaching long strips of velcro get someone to help you. Firstly it stretches slightly and if it toches by mistake its hard to get it off and mark a line in pencil first as a guide.

:)

Do you mean the blue boards that you can buy from the catolouges um i think they are either in Galt or GLS can't remember what that stands for! Or I just remembered they are cheaper in staples big blue boards we have one of those - we velcro every thing! :)

We have snack board names. I use the velcro squares/dots, 1 side stays attached to the board or in our case notice board and the other on the back of the laminated name card, we have the same system for our self reg board as well, there is a picture on the name cards that is repeated on theri self-reg, snack, coat peg and tray, as they get older and recognise their written name we cut off the pic. I got my velcro in tesco's but i have seen it in wilkinson's and B&Q too. about 24 in a pack i think

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)