Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What To Do With All Those Old Nursery World Mags

Thought I'd share with you what I get up to on a Sunday evening during summer holidays.

I had loads of old Nursery Worlds but were loath to throw them out, even though all the planning, posters, activity ideas have been filed away for future use.

What to do with the front cover, make a face collage divider screen. :D

Am I sad or what????

post-3604-1156112353_thumb.jpg

Nice! We cut them up into individual features to make 'new' faces. Was useful when looking at 'police' as part of 'People who help us' - identikit pictures. On that occasion we laminated some so we can use them over and over.

Sue

Thats not sad Peggy, that's lovely, I done one similar and made it into a poster for our welcome board although it is looking a bit worn now so I may make another, we all enjoy a bit of collage - surely!

LOVE IT!

It's actually me that's sad, was just thinking to myself 'oooohhhhh, how relaxing, I must make a collage'.

I think I need to get out more...!

Peggy, what a great idea.

Very effective.

I, like others, have just recycled all my Nursery World and Nursery Eds after filing posters and activities.

I will have to remember your collage idea.

Thanks.

thats a great idea i did this with my daughters baby photos had lots of pictures just in the box with not so good backgrounds so i cut out the pictures and put them in a big frame its now on the wall in her room and permanently on display.

I'm glad I never got round to that part of my mess now!! Should have cleared them all out today but I never got round to it!!! Now I have a good excuse not to tidy that area up!!!

Just as mary did,

have a lovely large collage on the wall of my son from 1 hour old to his 18th birthday in a poster frame, (His mates find it facinating!)

and have just completed number 2 this week

The university years including with graduation picture.

(One of the friends who saw the original sent me a CD of 50 Photos taken over the last 3 years, he got them from all lots of different friends and put them together, must have taken him a while. Many are drinking ones (fast asleep with a pint in his hand)!! or his activities, girl friends, holidays, he even went to his job and took some of him working behind the bar!)

means we actually see the pictures and not just on a CD or in an album you dont often open.

Inge

That sounds fantastic Inge. :D

Peggy

In fact that's given me an idea for next years leavers present. A photo montage of them enjoying lots of activities. :D

Thinking on my feet now, the children could make their own during the course of the year. Now all I need is 20 flat piees of cardboard big enough to paste all the pics on. Once finished, I can varnish and present to the parents. :D

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

I've been published - yipee. :D

Nice surprise to see that my idea is featured on the letters page of nursery World this week. Star letter, no less :D

Plus I get £30 worth of free books, wonder what they are going to send me??

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)