Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wedding Anniversary's

Just like to say Congratulations to BEAU, REA and JOSIEBRAD, who are celebrating 20+ years of marriage. Hope you have a great "romantic" day. :D

And to any other forum member celebrating their Wedding Anniversary's.

At a recent staff celebration following Ofsted, I invited husbands and partners to join in our barbecue because I do appreciatte the sometimes unsung support my staff obviously get from their husbands.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE HUBBY'S OUT THERE WHO SUPPORT THEIR DEDICATED, OBSESSED, ADDICTED, PASSIONATE ( in terms of childcare :o ) ALWAYS TAKE WORK HOME, ALWAYS SHOP FOR PRESCHOOL, RARELY SWITCH OFF FROM WORK, WIVES.

(As I am sat here now, attending to my daily forum addiction, hubby has bought me a cup of tea and gently reminded me that the rest of the family are waiting patiently for me to get ready for a day out at the beach) He understands my need for a daily forum fix xD

Peggy

What a lovely thing to do peggy, my husband is my best fiend and my soul mate, we celebrate 20years on 13th of this month, my first and only boyfriend!! He supports me through all of my moans and work related worries little does he know the forum plays a huge part in supportiing me as well, thanks for this thread Peggy.

Thanks for that Peggy, he is a love really, although just lately I've started calling him Kenny Rogers, (colour of hair and whiskers and size of middle :( ) Cant believe it's 20 yrs, but we've been together 26 yrs in total. He was drunk when we met, drinking cider with his friends at the local school disco, he asked me out and at school the next day he asked his friend who I was. Great start eh? :o We've had real hum dingers of rows and fall outs, he irritated the hell out of me this morning when he asked if I wanted to go to the football match, I said 'no, it was boring and I had better things to do.' He went a bought me a ticket anyway and then moaned at the waste of money when I refused to go. On the other hand, he's made me breakfast this morning and taken me for dinner tonight, although all good deeds are being erroded away by him setting up his fishing tackle in the living room right now xD

I hope everyone else has such a wonderul mix in their marriage (or partnership), I couldnt cope with a 'Mr perfect' and I suppose it's too late to change him now anyway. :(

What a lovely thought Peggy - thankyou. I have to say that the time has gone so quickly that its hard to believe it will be 22 years. I met my husband when I was 12, at my sisters 17th birthday party (he was 16 and in her year at school). Somehow we just kept drifting back to one another, so it seems we were destined. :o Congratulations to all the others too. :)

Congratulations to you all. We are the lucky ones who have wonderfull men that support us. I've been married 27 years and love him more with each year. don't know what I would do without him as a steadying influence behind me. He allows me to come home and let off steam then quietly gets me to sit and relax.

So to all hope you have many more.

Guest MaryEMac

Thanks for the thought Peggy. Richard and I will have been married 30 years at the end of September. Believe it or not we met on a blind date in 1974 and have been together ever since.

We are growing old together but not gracefully!!!

Congrats to everyone else who celebrates anniversaries. :D:D:o

Mary

It was my wedding anniversary on the 7th August- 13 wonderful years! He works away during the week but has informed me he has booked a babysitter for this Friday and won't tell me where we are going. :o

He too is fairly understanding and will listen to me rant and offload all the irritiations and annoyances of my time at work and then offers me advice. However sometimes I wish he would just say 'hm-hm' and 'ah, yeah' in the right places, some of his advice wouldn't go down too well in our FSU! (He is a military man!)

Congratulations to all those celebrating their wedding anniversaries. :D

PandyAndy

Congratulations from me too PandyAndy,

I've been married to a retired Warrent Officer for 7 yrs, so know exactly what you mean about advice. :( . When I described a particularly aggresive father we had to deal with a few years ago, hubby suggested having 'snipers' on guard on the scout hall roof :oxD:( . Believe me, I was tempted. :(

Peggy