Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Naa Advice For The Fsp

Hi Raine -

I did make contact with Jan last week, who is (as someone mentioned in a linked discussion) very knowledgeable - so much so that he's aware of the FSF and has browsed some of the FSP discussions in the past. :)

Thanks Ocelot so much, I've just downloaded and printed off the attachments - I just hope this information reaches the people who really need it as it is. It answers all my worries and concerns that I started in the '80% child initiated required..' topic. Marion's post from that directed me here.

Obviously, our Kent advisors were economical with the truth. It makes me so cross, because there is quite a difference in what we were told (and was written on the whiteboard for us all to copy down - i.e. 80% from JUST child inititated observations and "80% from knowledge of child, observations and anecdotal assessments".

In fact, the whole letter and annex is fantastically useful and helpful. Thank you all once again.

Jan visited our borough and moderated our FSP training this year and was really supportive!! (And also said we were exemplary :oxD - just had to say that)

The letter was sent to our LA lead assessment person and disseminated to the FS team - we are, I think, aiming to send it onto all schools and settings who need to complete the FSP (although I'll probably have to chase that up!!)

Cx

This was him moderating our training session on FSP management and good practice - they visit several LAs every year to ensure same messages are being delivered to Practitioners. Our moderation is a mixture of visits to schools and meetings - we basically follow the guideleines issue by NAA to LAs and the annex in the FSP handbook.

:)

Cx

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)