Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Name Badges

We are interested in purchasing some name badges for our staff.

Just wondered if anyone can recommend a badge supplier. It is hard to know where to start when you don't actually know any suppliers.

I've done a brief internet search and not much came up and nothing came up in Bristol at all.

I've decided it doesn't need to be based in bristol.

Out of interest

do many of you have name badges for your staff?

Hi

we have name badges, i make them up myself, i buy the kit from a famous stationary store(staples), not sure if this is advertising or not!!!!!

We just print them out, using logo, nursery name, staff name and position, in a kind of rectangular box, on yellow paper, laminate, cut to size, punch and attach badge-fixing-thing.

Job done! Very cheap, if you have computer, paper, laminator, badge-fix-thing and pouches!

Sue

Hiya

I also use the kit from Staples which are clip on ones. They are self laminating and just under £10 for 10.

There's enough room on them for staff photo/name/pre-school logo - which I print off from the computer.

They last well - well until someone puts theirs in the washing machine :o - and it isn't too much hassle having to replace them! :)

we went to the expense of preparing the badges after everyone agreed to wear them - i can't remember when I last saw sombody with one on their uniform- ummmm! :o

We had them printed on to the tee shirts at local printers.

name and position £2.00 each. The printer said if person left name could be steamed off and another name put on

I once had a childs face scratched by a badge pin and since then it has put me off wearing badges

Hi, we make are own badges using a name badge kit brought from our local council supplies book. They are just a plastic sleeve with a safty pin and clip on the back. We make up the inserts with the playgroup name, staff name and postion on them. Really quick and easy to make. We also snip off the corners so as they are child friendly as Rosina has said they can scratch a child. Ours are now becoming personlised by the children adding stickers from home Hmmm... we laugh as it looks like we work at a burger bar and gain stars for good work!!!

we tried this...as said before, no one wore them, put in laundry, and not very child friendly as we too had a scratch from a clip on badge (no pin).

may depend on numbers of staff etc but we decided to display photos with qualifications and position on notice board so parents can identify us, works well as children use them whils waiting or leaving to tell parents to talk about what they have done with us etc, if they cannot remember the names.

inge

We have name badges - sorry don't know who supplied them they were purchased through the office. Everyone has to wear their badge - to be iidentifiable to visitors primarily! But we have strong magnets on the back -some times look a bit shady fumbling down your top to attach the bar :o but it's a small price to pay not impale yourself or worse still a child!

We have the ones from Staples-very easy to use. We have the logo of the pre-school, staff name and their job title. They have to be worn-it is in the staff handbook as part of their uniform and I have to say that they do wear them. One or two have been washed but they are very simple to replace. We also use them for visitors badges.

Linda

I'm like Sue R used pictures from computer on coloured paper and laminated. we use the clips that are used for conventions ID you know the sort clip that clips on pockets. tried the pin type and kept putting holes in uniforms all the time. you can buy the small laminating pouches from staples they come with the clips as well have only had to but 2 packs in ten years so the clips have lasted well.

We have our names embroidered onto our tea shirts and jumpers (we purchase our own tea shirts) nursery buy the first two jumpers for you.

It looks nice and means no one has to worry about forgetting badges etc as the name is already embroidered on.

the down side is that when staff leave you can not use the uniform for anyone else, unless of course you employ someone else by the name of the person who just left lol :o

Have had badges in other jobs and they fell off, scratched children, got out in wahsing machines, got lost etc....

Dawn

That's cruel....

It reminded me of the time my brother craig forgot his badge for work (he worked in well known coffee shop and the manager made him wear a badge saying Lauren on it xD .. Craid was not impressed and hasten to say remembered his badge the next day :o

Dawn

my son worked in well known store and had name tag Robert for weeks before they got him his own ! and they insisted he wore it.

Really helpful information there - thanks guys

The magnet ones sounds great but don't the little ones keep pulling them off? I'm intrigued with those ones. I'll look into the badge making kit.

It is just not worth the risk of scratching a child.

thanks again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)