Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Holidays

JacquieL

Well I finished my lovely part-time supply job in a Children's Centre last Friday. It was great fun and I absolutely loved it. Here in Wigan we finished term last week, but I know that some of you struggle on for a while yet? How terrible to have to cope in all this heat.

What are you all doing for the hoildays? I'm off to France on Sunday, back to my boat with my OH. I will of course have withdrawal systems from visitng here :o but then it does go quiet in the hols.

Hi Jacquie

Lucky you-we don't finish until a week on Friday. We are not suffering too much from the heat in work as we are in the cellars of a church hall, so it is lovely and cool down there! But the children have had enough now, and quite frankly so have we. Everybody is tired and so grumpy!!!

I am going to Northumbria for the last week of the holidays with my husband, daughter, her boyfriend and the dog. We are staying in a cottage 500 metres from the beach, so I am looking forward to leisurely strolls along the sand and not a lot else.

Have a lovely time in France. And happy holidays to everybody whenever they start.

Linda

I'm another one that doesn't finish till a week on Friday! My Mother-in-law to be lives in Wigan but works in Lancashire so they don't finish till this week but I know rellies in the family have all done. I can't bloody wait for the end of term as the kids are so ratty now.

I'm getting married very soon (11th August) so that and the honeymoon will keep me busy for the hols!

Hi, i finish next Friday and will have a whole 5 weeks off, i usually only have two weeks off at the summer but i changed nurseries last year and they have a longer summer break. I am off to Italy with my hubby in August, it will be the first time we have went away on our own as our children are now all grown up, 18,19, 21 and 25. The two youngest live at home. Oldest son is married and next eldest is at Uni.

The staff and the children are all at that end of term feeling and counting the days now to the holidays. At the same time it is a little sad, as all the children will be moving on, some are off to new schools and some are moving through to the next room, wall displays are coming down and paper work coming to an end, xD sorry, but i am one of the few people who enjoys paper work :o my colleagues all think i am mad :(

Enjoy your summer holidays, we all deserve them.

Rosepetal :)

I have just a Trip out tomorrow with 51 little darlings to a local farm, so tomorrow we will be feeding the lams and goats and doing numerous hand washing runs and toilet runs. I hope the weather is a bit cooler than today as we will have to pic-nic out side and will bring home all those lovely tired children who will fall asleep on the coach and wake all grumpy in time for mother to take them home. then a very quiet day Friday. and we are then finished.

I then have 3 weeks before I am going to the Alps in Italy for 2 weeks. I'm tuning up the vocal cords so that I can Yodel and sing "The hills are alive " to my hearts content. I'm staying in a beautiful Swiss chalet appartment in a mountain village. I'm so looking forward to time with my husband and my youngest son (he's 13 but nearly 6ft) and no runny noses parents that don't know how to shut up and no staff. with a bit of luck I will feel refreshed and ready to start all over again in September!!!!! xD

Enjoy your holidays everyone

We all deserve it

(and a pay rise) but we can't ask for miracles :D:o

Steph

Hi all

Finish on Friday. Will miss the children, all children (including leavers) will stay on at Children's Centre until the end of August. I am popping back for the leavers beach party mid August.

I am travelling to Clacton from Manchester over night on Friday (going by national express to London and don't fancy a long journey during the day, in this heat). Should arrive at Clacton at 8am and my sister assures me she will pick me up. I'm staying with my sister and her family at their caravan for a few days. Cant wait, as this is the last time I will see them until Christmas. I intend to do lots of swimming, walking and perhaps some sunbathing on the local beaches. Thankfully I'm travelling back to Manchester by train, alot cooler and quicker.

As many of you are aware, I'm flying out to Libya for my new job towards the end of August and am seeing it as a bit of a holiday, at least to start with, as children don't start until 3rd Sept.

Wishing you all happy summer holidays wherever they may take you.

I don't get a holiday xD not until end of september anyway.... and its tooooooo hot to be working.

anyone that has a holiday, enjoy it :o

Dawn

We finish a week on friday (28th), we still have sports day, graduation day and planning for our Summer club which will run for 3 weeks in August ( if even parents want it).

At home hubby and I have 2 Foster children ( boys aged 14yrs) arriving on the 28th, just for 2 weeks so that their current foster parents can have a holiday. Didn't manage to 'get away' this year, but hey I don't care it's hotter here than it is in barbados, and I love the sun.

I have demanded that ALL my staff enjoy, have fun and party for the next two weeks, they are not allowed to grumble or moan, xD , boss's orders. :( . I want the children who have been with us for the last two years to leave at the end feeling like they've just had the best ever two weeks at preschool and have fond happy memories to take with them.

We are still completing records of achievement etc ( one of my staff has just had 2 weeks of with a torn ligament in her elbow :o ) being short of staff has left us behind, or if I'm really honest even if all staff were present we would still be behind, we always are when it comes to finalising paperwork, wish we could be more like you rosepetal. :D

Happy Holidays to everyone, or if working happy weekends and enjoy quiet, car free roads when you do get your hols. :D:(

Peggy

We had our leavers party today because it is the Y6 leavers ceremony tomorrow and we wanted to be able to really enjoy it with our nursery children- totally wacked now!

Not planning a holiday as we have had a rather expensive wedding in Ireland this year -but even more exciting than a holiday I am going to spend the summer break with my daughter and her husband in London getting everything ready for my first grandchild (due end of September)- can't wait!

Oh Raine just you wait until you have the Grandchild- it is amazing the feeling- and being able to give it back and go to sleep for the night :o is a perk as a Grannie. I am very lucky to have a super daughter-in- law who makes me feel welcome and is more like a friend now. Much better than a holiday !

This is the first year that I will be working during the summer. 3 days a week unless I ask for more, (yeah right :o) Strangely I will be at nursery more days a week than any of the staff in the 2-3 room. There are 3 people who job share but one of them is reducing her days to 2, I find it odd.

Have a great relaxing time everyone. :D:D