Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Agony Of Waiting Over, Ofsted In Today!

One day down, one to go!

They arrived this morning, one lady with briefcase and surprisingly human!!

Had a lovely session today and she's back tomorrow, suprising how calm we all feel, I think we're relieved that their here at last!! :o

Will let you all know how we do.

Just got to keep those 'end of term outgrown nursery children' captivated!

Isnt it funny that if you have a lovely inspector it makes the world of difference, we had a really nice one last time and almost enjoyed her stay with us, good luck for tomorrow. :D

Hi shirel

Good luck with it all and let us know how you get on. At least you can relax during the summer holidays.

We are waiting too and thought they might turn up soon as most of the schools locally have been "done".

I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Linda

Hi Shirel.

Pleased day one has gone so well! As Hali says, I think it does make a difference when the inspectors are 'nice' and make you feel at ease. Good luck for day 2. Please let us know how it goes!

hi Shirel

Your comment of lady with briefcase just made me laugh. We had Ofsted in last week and one of my staff came running in from the car park calling out "2ladies with briefcases heading round corner to other door" I wonder if we could re-name them instead of inspectors some thing along the lines of men in black. The briefcase ladies!!! Hope all went well ours did and it was such a relief to think we can have the summer without worrying that they could be in in September. They obviously must be breeding them different cos our ones were human as well xD:(:o

Must be something going around...our Inspection was last thursday and today!! split by the weekend...yes she was human, friendly and had actually done the last two inspections here so knew us, and was able to comment and notice changes since her last visit, commenting that she always likes coming in to us.

TODAY hectic though, I was out at meeting for child with SEN, visit by a new mum and child for session, visit from local school reception teachers to see and discuss children moving on, plus snails everywhere!! Current topic children are obsessed with them!! But this kept them all captivated all morning, watching them, drawing them, making snail trails on black paper, racing them and everything else they could think of with a snail, they even had one on the seat of a bike and on the see saw!

still must have done something right, outcome good in all areas but Outstanding in keeping children safe. 3-4 years for next one was her comment.

Sorry to hijack post, thought it better than starting another

Good luck with tomorrow, half way there and then a lovely end of term relaxed and able to enjoy the children.

Inge

WELL DONE, Inge and all your staff.

How sensible to send the previous Inspector, she can really see progress then.

I do need to ask, if you are so busy keeping children safe( well done), are you sure the snails are safe?? :o

They really do 'crunch' under foot xD , and one or two may have escaped in the Inspectors briefcase, seeking refuge from the bike saddle :(

Peggy

Thank you Peggy,

Well.... we had pasta on a table today with feely bags and when it escaped onto the floor and a child trod on it....CRUNCH!!!

we had to double check it was not an escapee...36 snails at last count will have staff check number same tomorrow ... Im out doing training!!

Must thank everyone for Risk assessment examples which gave us outr outstanding, impressed we had covered not only trips but fire drill, garden (bubble wrap around tree as we had a few bumped heads) and some activities.

Inge

Thank you for all your good wishes, we got GOOD in all areas and the inspector said if their was a Very Good mark we would of got that, she said we were a notch of off Outstanding, we are thrilled!!

- just to know you are doing it all right is such a pat on the back and reassurring for September when I take over as manager with my two colleagues! (am currently deputy)

Only reccommendation was the washing hands in a bowl issue, which we knew we would be picked up on but our setting is a village hall and logistically and practically it's our only choice, she suggested we use wet wipes, (before snacktime), so we will.

So overall Hurrah, we can finish term knowing that we have done a good job, thanks again for all your good wishes. :)

excellent well done. The handwashing thing, is she saying use wet wipes as the bowl of water is unhygenic!!! we are in the same situation as you using bowls in the toilet and out in the hall..

Yes, sorry Hali, she was saying that the whole bowl of water thing is wrong, running water is ideal, the bowl is ok for the art/messy activities, but before snack needs to be running water for hygiene reasons, disposable towels also, which we knew from one of our other sites, but we are stuck, the nightmare of taking 18 children down a hallway through two doors, one of which has to be unlocked just doesn't work it is too disruptive, we tried it and persevered with it for a while but it is too difficult - so wet wipes it is!

Edited by Guest

Well done.

We use the gel - stuff forget what its called which dries on your hands. Ofsted inspector said this was Okay - just have to watch for any children wirth allergies and make sure no one has any cuts etc.

Smiles

well done shirel and staff... now you can actually enjoy the end of term without worries, and have fun with the children ..... (needless to say decision here has been to ditch plans for end of term and go with the flow!!)

would go with the gel too if it was us in that situation,

Inge

Well done - a really good result - relax and enjoy the summer with no worries of Ofsted coming in now - wish I could say the same

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)