Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Powder Paints

Why do our powder paints always clog up at the bottom of the paint pots?????????? Have tried mixing with cold water, warm water, a bit of fairy liquid, putting water in first, putting paint in first! Any ideas greatfully recieved :o

We use ready mixed paint for day to day - save the powder paints for specific activities e.g colour mixing etc. as it always happens to us too!

we mix our powder paints using cellulose paste powder, we make up the glue in a pot them we put some glue, powderpaint, washing up liquid and water to make the the consistency we want. takes some stirring and adjust to the type of paint you want. (washing up liquid just makes the brushes easier to clean!!) it stays on the paper and does not flake off, children can add other bits to their paintings and it sticks to it, and the paste works well for sticking paper.

we also have used food colours to colour the glue to give a transpsrent paint, interesting result and children often comment on difference.

we get our paste from here go to glues, click on PVA , scroll down pop up to celllulose paste powder 99p for enough to make 5 litres.

(you have reminded me must order we are on the last pack, :D )

Inge

Hi there

In the past I have just used good quality fairy liquid which works fine. Time consuming and messy though, and expensive with all the fairy, so I think in future I would buy ready mixed paint.

Ready mixed paint, although slightly more expensive, works out better value in the end, because at least you can control the amount you use. It's also time saving, which is always good! No mixing, messing around with water etc

If we used ready mix we would be spending at least 3 times what we spend now, tried it and costed it!!

children help with the mixing and love it, so time is not an issue, and we perefer the fact that you can get different consistencies and variety by the amount of paint to glue etc. we have ready mix but no one prefers to use it in fact some is so old it is almost unusable! children even commented on why it was different and could they have the thick paint back as it gave a better look to thier picture , we think they meant texture!

children love being able to stick items on the picture by using paint with no dissappointment it stays.

we had a paper too which donated by a local firm where ready mix paint flaked off once dry, but our powder mix stayed.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)