Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psla Accreditation

Hi

I just wondered if anybody out there was doing the pre-school learning alliance accreditation.

We finished level 1, they said they would come and collect it, that was back in November, this still hasn't been collected and no contact has been made, nobody answers my telephone queries, we were told to start on level 2 back in nov but with no contact at all i'm a little concerned. our 18 month time scale to complete the whole accreditation is October 06, we have had no contact at all not even by our PSLA representitive, our last contact with ther was nov. she has now been made redundant. Just wondered how eveybody else was getting on?

I was waiting to hear from them too - as I was due to do an annual update on mine but have heard nothing. I have decided not to renew it for a number of reasons. The first being that there is so much change going on at the moment that I have redesigned all my filing around the Every Child Matters campaign and I really am happy with the way it is panning out and I just don't want to pull it apart to create something for someone else. Our LEA are also just launched their own too although they don't seem to have got it quite right either, probably not their own fault but the fact is the common core skills will need to be brought in along with a load of other stuff and it seems that no sooner will be get one thing done then it becomes out of date. So rather than spend time on doing something that becomes out of date I am just trying to keep up to date with everything myself.

I would try giving them another ring or maybe writing to them - did you pay, if you did then I think you should feel aggrieved by this and would have every right in making a complaint. Good luck

Nikki

We sent our stage 1 paperwork off to head office in London, recorded delivery back in January. I phoned a few days later to check it had arrived (which it had) but we have heard nothing at all since.

Our PLA development worker tells us that there have been staff illnesses at head office delaying the processing of them, and this means that they aren't getting sent out to assessors. We (and she) feel that this is totally unacceptable, so we are going to email and complain. If they are unable to process them they could at least write and explain to us.

That could explain the delay of yours too.

Carolyn

Hi

We haven't sent our stage 1 off yet, we were told by our advisor that they would contact us to collect it, so i still have it all at the pre-school. Since then our advisor has been made redundent through lack of funding so we don't even have an advisor now!!!!!!!!

good luck with yours!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone

We just received funding for this scheme and recently had our pack delivered. Our DW was made redundant too and I have had to ring Hempsall Consultancies to try to find a mentor. I cant understand why they dont just issue you with a mentor as a matter of course. Surely everyone wants/needs one. Should we start the folder without speaking to a mentor? What did everyone else do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

We have just recieved a new assessor, two weeks ago i had a call, they are now based in London, she wants us to send her our porfolio, she will then look at it, make comments, we then add to it etc....... Apparently she is not going to visit us in the near future its all done through the post, i would much rather see someone face to face. She wants us to send our whole portfolio by registered post, its quite thick too!!!!! not sure how much thats going to cost.

I wish you luck with it, we started in sept o5, and we still haven't completed stage 1. due to not having an asessor......

Hope you have more success than i'm having!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Simcity

So it sounds like a case of photocopy everything and then spend a fortune sending it all off to them, to save them coming out to look at the work. Dosent sound good in my opinion.

Is this common place then?

will become more common as LAs no longer fund the PLA advisors and take it in house, our branch closes end of March, if starting on accreditation may be worth looking at different schemes to see how much help or support you will get in your area. not much help for those already started, but in many areas the LA have schemes which may be supported more (as a mentor for local scheme go out twice to begin the process explain start them off work with first dimension etc and then available it they really are in need of help, but after that most are Ok and just able to send off for verification....hey do that rtraining next so will be adding to my list of 'jobs')

Inge

Hi everyone

I spoke to Hempsall Consultantancies today (re our PLA Accreditation), for the third time of trying to get allocated an assessor. Was told they would ring me back, I said that I wasnt happy with that as I was getting nowhere. The lady on the phone agreed to be our assessor and is coming out to us on the first Tuesday back after half term. So will spend the half term reading through the folder and listing any questions we have. Hopefully they will all be answered when she comes. At least we will see a real person. So full steam ahead.

Has anyone been on the 'Finding your feet' training course? And can give me any feedback on it?

Many thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)