Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birth Announcements

JacquieL

Time we had a thread like this.

I am off to the Isle of Man again- no not to mount a rescue for a little bear ,but to visit my second Grandchild who was born on Monday. Rosie - a sister for Robin. Oooh can't wait- see you all next week.

Jacquiex

You'n me both!!

Not long after my daughter married (5 years ago), I threatened that I was no way ready to be a Grandma - regretting it now!! Wouldn't dream of putting pressure on them, but I am more and more often to be found sneaking into the Baby Room for a cuddle!!!!! :o

Sue - sad or what!!!!

Guest MaryEMac

Congratulations to you and your family Jacquie. Hope you've had a great weekend.

I have a step-grandson (6yrs) and a grandaughter of 15 mths. I usually see them once a week during term time and in the holidays they come to me while their mum is at work. I get no housework done and I am shattered at the end of the day but there is no better feeling than when they both climb on your lap for a cuddle as we watch a tv programme. Enjoy

Mary :D:D

Thankyou everyone for your good wishes.

I've had a lovely time spending it giving Rosie lots of cuddles and playing with my super Grandson. I have been a very good mum-in-law, cooking, cleaning, holding babies and getting up early with my Grandson to give the parents a sleep in. Breast-feeding is going well and baby has put on 3oz in spite of being supposed to loose weight the first week. I'm off there again in two weeks-can't wait.

It amazes me how different everything is from my day. New mums are out shopping a day or two after the birth, when we were resting in bed lying on our tummies and doing our excercises. Amazing.