Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E Profile Tekky Nightmares!

Does anyone know what to do when your e profile won't open after you have typed in password and then the screen flickers lots and goes dead? Please help - data has to be in on 30th June?!!! I have turned it off and switched it on, re-tried many times and am in need of help!

Hi

I haven't had that particular problem but have you saved your data either on computer hard drive or floppy drive/pen drive?

If you have I would reinstall the e profile software again and then try to open your data file. I had to do this and it worked for me.

:o Hope this is of some help

ruth

Hi tea lady. Is it the computer you are having trouble with or just the programme?

Are you sure there isnt a back up somwhere? You know when you close it doen after using it, it always asks if you want to create a back up, then do you say yes or no? If you say yes then there will be a backup somewhere, you couls try searching for it?

Do you have the data to hand so tat if you do have to enter it all again, you can?

hi tea lady... enter in the correct year date? have you made sure that caps lock is off? typing in your password slow enough?

I do hope you get it sorted..also have you a techinician that you could ask for advice? or somwhere to phone? sorry if this is teaching grandma to suck eggs.... I really feel for you! Best of luck

OOOOOOHHHHHH! tea lady, have you got a paper copy? Have you been inputting throughout the year? Did you send initial scores to your LEA?

Only asking because I'm having trouble too, but I couldn't access after Autumn 1 scores were put on. Although I said I wanted to save to disc, and I selected this option before I began inputting date, I got nothing on my disc - though the scores were sent to LEA!!! Throughout the year I've been doing it all as paper copy. But tried last week to reopen e-profile and was asked for a password ........... DUH!! no idea.

Will try suggestions - have entered year and password correctly - just flickers on the screen and vanishes after that. Know someone who has a lap top that has completely died but her school technician has managed to get some stuff off the hard drive - may yet find the back up files - let this be a lesson to all!!!!! Back up off your computers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the sympathy -is much appreciated

If you've been entering data throughout the year then your hardrive should have backup copies from previous saves. That would mean a reainstallation of the eprofile software should then be able to pick it up. If this was the first time you installed everything and inputted the data before making a backup and then it crashed, it will have been lost. But, you should have an automatic backup saved on your computer each time you exited the program before. Mine is stored in my program file, under FSP, then Version2 and under the most recent backup file. Please check yours to give yourself piece of mind.

Hope that helps

Light at the end of the tunnel! Computer got over strop - got the back up files and installed on another machine. Will remember tip about reinstalling programme as back up files will be there anyway. Please tell everyone you know to back up their files off their computers, get the assessment co-ordinator and HT to install the e profile and export your data for them to read in. They can analyse the data then!!!

"HT to install the e profile and export your data for them to read in."

HELP!

Having a nightmare trying to do just this. Our admin staff have installed eProfile to import my data onto (from my home PC). My data is saved now on her desktop but whenever I go thru the process of "Read in data from another eProfile" it takes me thru motions, seems to accept everything but then is still empty of data.

Anyone else had this happen???

Have tried asking SITSS, but we've now lost our internet connection at school as well, so SITSS can't even remotely access us & sort for us!!!

I do have everything on my pen drive as well as my PC so am tempted to hand deliver the wretched thing!

I have been using v2.4.2 and school was advised to download v2.4.3 but apparently this isn't enough of a difference to be incompatible.

All ideas welcomed??!!!

Am desperate to help but am confused about where you are at?!?!?! Is the data on your computer or the office one? Use data files and back/Export data etc etc off one machine and then Data files and backup/Read in on the other machine to put it on. Save the data into a specific file on your memory stick - is easier to find later. Don't put the programme on a machine that is networked - won't work. Is this any help?

Don't worry about 2.4.3 - it won't affect your data submission.

Someone I know keeps losing all their data and getting a message that says something like "Read to end of file" when they try to back up. The back up files appears in program files, fsp etc but won't read back into the programme, or onto a reinstalled version, or onto another computer.

Any ideas?

it may either mean that:

your password is wrong (have you got caps lock on)

you've selectd the wrong end of year date

you've moved files around on your computer (thus moving the back-up file and the e-profile can't find it)

if this doesn't work, then try hunting for the assess. file in your c:

it should be:

c: > program files > FSP > version2 > (then you need to hover your mouse over the files and see which is the most recent) - double click on that one and proceeed as normal...

this should work... hopefully... if not... let us know and we'll see what we can do :o

~ Porl

Yes - have tried your suggestions for her. Will check she has put the data in the correct year groups originally though - could be the problem - she has really been having a mare with the whole thing.

Tea Lady - thanks for your suggestions re. importing eProfile data across PCs. It turns out that I needed to go into start, all programs... etc etc! Anyhoo, all turned out well, sent off, analysis begun (luvverly progress!) and happy ending. Thanks again.

Sorry to get invovled. I hope evrone who was having difficulty managed to sort it. It sounds terrible! I have no idea what E Profile is (should I? Is it a school thing?) but I hope you all managed to sort out your little problems with it!

The e profile is a programme for entering and submitting your FSP data electronically. It is fab as it analyses all your data as well - saves lots of faffing - but tekky probs are a nightmare!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Same friend is still having a data trauma! She is still getting "Read beyond end of file" with a big red cross. Tried all your suggestions Paul but to no avail! Is all hope lost - don't know who else to ask?!!!

(Hope you all have a lovely holiday)

Here :)

You need to be aware, fairynough, that Suffolk don't support the eProfile for anyone outside their own LEA. You should check with your own LEA to see if they already use the eProfile and provide their own support for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)