Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Really Fed Up

mundia

Having just got to grips with the idea of a FSco who doesnt work in FS and doesnt understand it, and having accepted that my dear friend and brillinat collegaue is leaving and being repalced by a non FS teacher, I now learn that my job share partner is leaving too. She hasnt got a job to go to but she was very unhappy with the way things have gone this year too. These two teachers have been fantastic to me and we have been a great team together, we are like minded and have battled against the odds to keep the early eyars corner fought well. I just dont know how I can continue to d o that now Im the only FS qualified teacher left and I only work part time.

Anyone else fancy quitting?

just me then?

(Wish I could, sadly mortgage to pay)

maon over...

Poor you. It's so good to have colleagues who you really respect and have a good working relationship with.

Hopefully their replacements will be brilliant too.

Keep strong,

Shelley

Sorry you're feeling down, Mundia. Maybe you'll get a new and highly motivated FS colleague to pull you through?

Good luck and give ourself a pat on the back for swticking with it :D

I'm having a 'down' time too...almost considering defecting to Key Stage 1 (shock horror!) I am the FS coordinator and only work part time which is brilliant for family life but makes every week seem like the first back after a holiday! When 2 of the 3 other staff work full time I often feel a bit of a fraud and out of the loop! Combined with the constant battling that FS practitioners always seem to be doing in order to maintain principles whilst being part of the 'whole school' its no wonder we are exhausted. Still there's always next year to get it right........... looking forward to that!!!!!

Oh, don't be sad. You never know whats round the corner.

If it helps, I really think FS is one of the hardest places to teach. We just have SO much to contend with and I always find it so hard explaining everything to everyone - people just don't understand what it's like.

I hope it works out for you, chin up and good luck.

I must also add that having considered myself a FS teacher through and through, just recently I have started to think about the possiblity of 'defecting' too. No more profiles, no more new parent meetings, no more trying to please everyone putting new intake into classes, no more 'taster sessions'. no more having to justify yourself at moderation meetings, no more 'talks' during parents coffee mornings, no more being responsible for 2 classrooms (outside & in) compared to other teachers 1 classroom)......I could go on.....

Guest MaryEMac

Sorry that you're fed up Mundia. It's always hard when you have to get used to working with new people and as it's quite near the end of the year everyone is getting tired and ready for a break. I find that every year this time I feel down and ready to stop, then I remember my financial commitments and know that I would find it hard to work anywhere else so I gird my loins for the year ahead :o Keep your chin up Mundia.

Best wishes Mary

Just sending big hugs from me, if that fails, just look at the childrens response to you, I bet you are their favourite teacher. They are of course the best judges of all :o

As others have said, sad to lose like minded colleagues but their replacements may be great too.

Peggy

Sorry your feeling like this mundia. It seems to be a feeling thats spreading in early years. Everywhere I go people are complaining about work load, paperwork and not being allowed to put new ideas into practice before even newer ones come along. Hopefully you will be surrounded by brilliant new collegues shortly :D:D

thanks everyone, sometimes I just wonder how I keep going?

Well it seems that I will have an NQT next year if we can get one (any NQTs out there looking for a nursery job...then pm me plase). I will no longer have my own class but will support and mentor the NQT, the GTP and the non FS teacher.

Hmm not sure how I feel about it yet....

Favourite quote of the year to me...

Ms mundia, you're nearly almost like a teacher...!!!!

Dear Mundia

Difficult times - and clearly things might be a little sticky until everyone settles down into their new positions - an NQT, a GTP - mmmm that sounds quite interesting and you have to mentor both of them as well as all your other commitments to the FS. Well, we have only about six weeks to go and you can take a rest for at least a couple of weeks!! Wish you all the best - you never know the NQT and GTP maybe full of new ideas and committed to the FS as you are - and it could be a win win situation - let's hope so.

Nikki

Am having one of those weeks out of many still I have had both my leaders decide to finish at the end of July. so back to advertising again!!!!!