Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Upgrade Issues/comments!

Steve

No sorry Steve, cant see the chat info.

Also not getting a PM opening in a new window as I used to, as it arrives, not that thats a problem but I think it may be what Mundia is complaining about?

keep up the hard work. Aarons home if theres anything he can help with!!

Ok people, working on this!

I thought I was going mad when Susan said she couldn't see the who's chatting line, but it seems this is only visible when we attempt to log in to chat. It also seems that the chatroom software (which I lease) may no longer be available integrated in the way I used to lease it - but I'll hear more about this over the weekend...

Slowly knocking those ferrets back down the pipes...

:o

Hi Steve,

my pink box also disapears, but not really a problem. Just wanted to say a big thankyou for such a fantastic site - What did I do before i discovered it?? :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Steve, Have just looked in your Policy article and clicked on the link to look at the list of the ones you have on the site but it comes up with 'Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken'

can you help me out please. :D

Hi Hali -

Can you tell me which article this is? Is it the one on this page or is there an old version you've found a link to from an old topic? If I've linked to the right one, could you tell me which downloadable policy is giving you that message? :)

Hi there

The site is looking great!

I havent seen any pink boxes, but my forum pages have changed to a landscape type display, and I have to scroll quite far across and then down to try and read posts - anything I can click on to change this back to portrait?

Just seems to affect the post pages - homepage and articles pages are fine

Hi Goldilocks -

That's very weird. Can you tell me:

• what browser you're using (IE, Firefox, Opera etc) and if you're using a PC or other type of system (Mac etc)
  • What size your monitor is (17" or bigger)?
  • What resolution you're running at (800 * 600, 1024 * 768 etc)?
  • Any unusual aspects to your computer setup

Sorry for the questions, but the forum post pages are supposed to be fluid (they should adjust to the size of your monitor and resolution), so that you shouldn't have to scroll across unless you've only got a tiny screen or very low resolution...

Hi there

Well I'm not sure what help I can be in answering your questions - my friend built my computer years ago, and I couldnt tell you what size it is!

But the monitor is normal size (not sure how big, but its about the same size as ones in Uni). I use Windows ME if that helps (not sure if thats a browser), its a PC, and it only changed layout a couple of weeks ago.

There was something I could click on a few days ago, giving options about different views and I clicked on those, but nothing changed. They dont seem to be there now. Ive gone into my controls and tried a few other things - not sure what has happened to it, but not to worry - it must just be something to do with my settings.

By the way - Forum Index seems to be the only page it happens on - none of the others - dont know if that helps at all. :)

Just discovered the box again - its Display modes and it was set to standard. I changed it to linear and the other one, but nothing different happened.

Hmm. Not sure what to make of all that! :)

The display modes aren't going to make any difference (as you've discovered).

Windows ME is the OS - if you discover a budget at any stage it might be worth committing it to a more recent pc with Windows XP (although I don't know many people who can just stumble across the £500 it'll cost...).

One thing you could try is to go to your control panel, click on Display, and under settings, see if you can increase the resolution. It really shouldn't be necessary to do that unless your resolution is very low as I've created the website to work at relatively low resolutions - but it might be worth a try?

Or, if you have a friend with a pc, login to the FSF and see how it looks on their PC. I'd be interested to know if you do manage to fix it. Sorry I couldn't be more help! :o