Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graduation Ceremonies

Hi,

I read a great article about a graduation ceremony for young children before leaving their nursery provision. Unfortunately, I cannot find the article and would like to look into this further and decide if it would be appropriate for reception children on leaving the foundation stage.

Has anybody got any ideas? Would love some feedback. Thank you!

Caroline

have seen an ad in the back of one of the magazines. nursery world or early years educator . something along those lines. shows a group of children in cap and gowns. i think the company comes along and does a group picture and gives out certificates. will post again if i can find ad

We have in past years held a graduation assembly for our children. Each child wore their best clothes and was given a scroll by the head with loud clapping from parents. This year we are having a Prom (best outfits again) for all the children provided by the Friends of the School.

we do a coffee morning and do a ceremony for the children who file up and each receive a certificate of graduation and a scrap book with all their work also we laminate the hands poem with golden hand prints for each child. It gives the mums a chance to have a good cry and take some photos. also for the staff it gives them a chance to say goodbye to the children and parents. Its usually a good morning even if it is a case of handing round the tissues.

if i can i will attach the certificate

I found this graduation certificate on the internet.

post-120-1149360397_thumb.jpg

PS web site www.preschoolprintables.com

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I read a great article about a graduation ceremony for young children before leaving their nursery provision. Unfortunately, I cannot find the article and would like to look into this further and decide if it would be appropriate for reception children on leaving the foundation stage.

Has anybody got any ideas? Would love some feedback. Thank you!

Caroline

We have a graduation ceremony/leaving party , children are presented with a graduation certificate and a teddy with our logo on in front of parents it works really well.

i also had graduation for our children will try to post photos later we gave them diplomas and little frames with a picture of them at the party

Hi, every year we hold a graduation ceremony for the children leaving to go to school. Each family receives an invite to the evening ceremony. we have a very large room that we hold it in. we have a stage going down the middle and the parents sit either side. the children all wear graduation hats that are really easy to make. The children walk down the stage to their seats. I say a bit of a speech then the children sing a few of their favoutire songs. each child then walks down the stage to receive a certificate and a mug with the nursery logo and a picture the child drawn on. We cut the graduation cake, and we then have food & drink with a disco after. I also put together a 'Memories Book' of all the children with their start and finish dates, leaving space at the back for parents to write their comments. The children and parents love it !!!!

Hope this help you get a better picture.

Hi, every year we hold a graduation ceremony for the children leaving to go to school. Each family receives an invite to the evening ceremony. we have a very large room that we hold it in. we have a stage going down the middle and the parents sit either side. the children all wear graduation hats that are really easy to make. The children walk down the stage to their seats. I say a bit of a speech then the children sing a few of their favoutire songs. each child then walks down the stage to receive a certificate and a mug with the nursery logo and a picture the child drawn on. We cut the graduation cake, and we then have food & drink with a disco after. I also put together a 'Memories Book' of all the children with their start and finish dates, leaving space at the back for parents to write their comments. The children and parents love it !!!!

Hope this help you get a better picture.

Sounds lovely, handkerchief!

Welcome to the forum.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)