Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Motivational Music

hello there,

I'm busy putting together a compilation of motivational music to be used in my Reception classroom and looped to power points. Those I have already are:- Reach for the stars

We are the champions

Don't Stop me know

Simply the Best

Search for the hero

Has anyone got any other good recommendations? I'll be more than happy to post my compilation on the forum when it's complete Many thanks Emma

lifted lighthouse family, i believe I can fly r kelly, things can only get better d ream, lovely day bill withers, perfect day lou reed

those are only ones I can come up with at the moment, I'm sure others will have loads of ideas.,

On a similar theme, I would like some really upbeat tracks for dance and pe sessions, that would really engage the kids but not necessarily just be 'kids songs', so far i've only got chain reaction -diana ross, but I'm sure there are loads more out there, any suggestions would be really great

cheers bb

Yes, lifted is by the Lighthouse Family - good song!

Emma, post the list by all means, but just in case you meant the music I need to mention copyright here - sorry if I get boring about this! :)

Poor Steve!!

No wonder you're so old and grey, worriting around after us 'free spirits' ( :o )

Of course you don't bore us! You save us from tiresome writs!

Sue xx

On a similar theme, I would like some really upbeat tracks for dance and pe sessions, that would really engage the kids but not necessarily just be 'kids songs', so far i've only got chain reaction -diana ross, but I'm sure there are loads more out there, any suggestions would be really great

cheers bb

57040[/snapback]

We used music from the film "Madagascar" recently - the children really loved it.

This week I took in a cult TV theme tunes CD and we had Mission Impossible, Dr Who, Thunderbirds and the Addams Family!

Proud by Heather Small. This was played as the children walked into assembly in a school I worked in on supply. It really lifted the children and set the tone for celebrating achievement.

There is a list of ideas for 'music for different moods' included in the SEAL resorce pack - mostly classical I have to say.

Sue we 'werrit' rather than 'worrit' in Staffordshire!

WOW! Thanks guys and thanks steve!!! Yes I did mean list of. Also much appreciate the swift replies. List is in production.Emma

Slightly different slant on the subject,

I play (very loudly in my car) My Perogative by Bobby Brown, as I arrive at work, just to remind me that I am the boss. :o

Peggy

Right have completed list and here it is:-

Perfect Moment by Martine Macrutchen

Don't Stop Me Now Queen

We Are the Champions Queen

High lighthouse family

Lifted lighthouse family

Baby we were born to run Bruce springsteen

chain reaction Diana ross

Simply the best Tina Turner

wonderful world louis Armstrong

I feel good james brown

Proud Heather small/ M people

Serach for the Hero Heather Small/ M people

Reach for the Stars S Club

Fame

Perfect day lou reed

my perogative bobby brown

My kids love them alreay and anyone who comes into the classroom starts to smile and gets jiggy with it ! thanks for all your ideas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)