Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Questionnaire

Hi

We are putting together a parents questionnaire about their views on the nursery. I was wondering if any one has any ideas of what we could put in apart from the usual.

julie(a deputy)

In the past I've asked a variety of questions, usually dependent on my mood at the time and if anyone had seriously p***ed me off lately. :o

What do you want your child to gain while at playgroup?

What activities would you like to see being offered?

Do you understand what is meant by FS and BTTM? Would you like to know more?

Do you know who your child's keyworker is and what this means for your child?

I cant remember any more, but once the questionaire has been returned I would go throught all the answers and write a general reply covering all the comments. Out of 40 odd surveys handed out we would usually get 6-10 back. Comments such as 'I want my child to be writing his name' would be answered with an explanation about the FS and how writing skills are developed. Hope that helps a bit. :D

same here, i think they are a waste of time... we send out appox 55 each year get about 10 back, the same things all the time, dont know who childs keyworker is (list on 2 boards) dont know what child is learning/dont feel informed of progress (lists of what we do on board/goes out in newsletter/can chat to staff or make app. if they want too/files go home at end of each term)!!!!!!... makes you want to scream...... :o

Likewise, sorry to be negative but we have just sent out 38 questionnaires and have got back 12! Have tried to encourage the others to return them but to no avail.

The parents all seem able to converse outside the nursery or grab me at the local school when collecting my children to tell me about their grievances, but unable to use the questionnaire for constructive comments, what can you do??

One parent asked me the other day "do you even keep any sort of progress charts on the children" (in a superior type of 'what do you do their anyway' voice) I kept her captive whilst I tried to explain everything that goes into the provision we are offering, she said "Oh I didn't realise you planned the sessions I thought you just got the toys out"!!! Induction and admission visits were wasted on her??

On a positive note it is lovely to get a bit of praise and a pat on the back which some parents do take the time to offer, suppose that makes up for the others.

Edited by Guest

I recently sent out a questionaire about our food policy review. out of 25 sent out I got 6 back, so, compared to above averages, I feel quite pleased :D

I think my next questionaire will only have ONE question on it. xD

What do you not know about everything we do?

(someone help me with my grammer, how best to phrase this very important one and only question :o )

Peggy

At other places I have worked, parents have been pretty good in returning questionnaires, particularly the parents of babies and toddlers. However, I have worked in other places where parents appear to have little interest in questionnaires and don't bother to even take them home, let alone look at them, fill them in and return them!

We now leave questionnaires available for parents to fill in at the start of the new half term. They are not forced on parents, so they have the choice as to whether they are completed or not. We tend to find that it is the parents who have regular complaints to make that fill them in... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)