Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mexico

We are having a sort of World day, next week and the country which I am doing is Mexico.We are going to make maracas.Has anyone got any other ideas.The children are in a Reception class.

Have a pinata (pronounced pinyata haven't got spanish accents on my keyboard) Large papier mache hollow shape decorated in tissue paper and filled with nice things, eyes blindfolded and try to hit it with a stick to break it open and get goodies to fall out.

Cx

I have a Mexican friend and I have written her an e-mail so she can give you a hand with some additional ideas. I will probably get an answer tomorrow and I will post it hear. Okay?

Have a nice week!

• 2 weeks later...

You could teach the children a few common words in Mexican to use across the day:

Yes = Si (see)

No = No

Please = Por favor

Thank you = gracias (gra.syas)

Hello = Buen dia (bwen dee.a)

Goodbye = adios

Let me know if you need other words/numbers/days, etc. I have a handy book as I'm off to Mexico in July for a friend's wedding (can't wait!)

Have fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)