Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Science

Hi

We are doing science as a topic when we come back after half term does anybody have any ideas what we could do, i'm not sure where to start with this topic, mind seems to be having a blank, any help to get me thinking along the right lines, thanks

Hi Simcity, our 'science' is part of our knowledge and understanding of the world within our setting. It is done as an integral part of our themes, for example 'Ourselves', 'Growing and changing' ,etc. You might find it easier to choose a theme for the half term or a theme for the week as it is so broad.Hope this helps

What about forces (magnets etc), cooking (changes), good old floating and sinking, ice play...

Is that the kind of thing you mean? Like you, my brain doesn't want to work today!! :o

My brain doesnt work any day but here goes....

Magnets are great, stick a magnet to a long ruler and run it underneath a piece of paper with a paperclip on the top. Also run it under a piece of card with a car on the top, draw a road and see if they can 'drive' the car around the road.

Mix cornflour and water to see the different consistances.

Mix bicarbonate of soda with lemon juice or vinegar and watch the fizz.

Find out which things disolve in cold/warm water.

How can you stop an ice cube from melting, which materials to use? Tin foil, fabric, paper etc.

Use felt tip pens on a piece of kitchen towel, colour in small circles, then dip the edge of the paper towel into a bowl of water. As the water is absorbed the colour from the pens spreads. Chromotology??

Have fun :D:D

Can be very smelly using vinegar....children experimented to see what worked best, children found lime juice gave a lovely ssmell, lemon was next popular, vinegar least. Anything acidic works with the bicarb.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)