Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Kids Say!

Right I have another one or 2 maybe.

This morning a child who I very kindly asked to tidy up, asked me if I would get mad if she carried on playing! :(:o

This afternoon a different child was walking passed me and said what am I like, I forgot me bookbag! xD:(

Beth

• 5 weeks later...

A little girl and a little boy (both 2.5 yrs) started Pre-school today. They are best friends and were sitting on the carpet together holding hands. I introduced them to the other children telling them the little girls name first. When I got to the little boy, he said "She a girl, I'm a boy, because I've got a willy, haven't I? (looking at his little friend) she just nodded. I had to try really hard to keep a straight face. :D

Later in the morning the same boy was just going to start painting and I asked him what he was going to paint - the reply - "the paper of course!" :D:o

Sue J

The mum of one of our children told us that her daughters goldfish had died yesterday. The little girl asked her mum if she would bury it for her but would she also put some water with it just in case it wanted a swim. Obviously she hasn't quite grasped the concept of dead yet! :)

Linda

On Sunday we went to a garden centres tea room. There was a large family that came in, 4 adults and 5 children. One of the children asked if he could have a hot cholcolate, when it came he said my hot chocolate is hot! xD Well you wound not expect it to be cold! or would you :rolleyes:

at the same time my mum told me about a story when I was a child. Appently I told her that Mary was going to visit next day so I should were clean clothes, :o so mum said whats anty Mary doing at school, no I said the mary with the big chain around their neck, I ment the Mayor(sp)! xD:( Some mothers do have them!!! :(:( :wacko: :unsure:

Beth

My four year old god-daughter came out with two crackers on new years eve...

When asked by me if she enjoyed nursery school, she replied "I can't believe I can do so much hard work!"

Then the 'embarass the dad' story - in the local medical centre whilst waiting for her mum to have an appointment, dad gets a can of drink. Lindsey pipes up "You can't drink all of that daddy or you will need to go to the toilet and squeeze your tail!" I think dad wanted the ground to open up at that point!

... and the last one, the day before school started again, she was asked to go to bed a few times before her mum started to get a bit cross -

Mum: Lindsey, you need to go to bed as you have to go to school tomorrow

Lindsey: (raising her hands to head) Oh Sh**!!!

Ten out of ten for context, not sure that her mum was too happy though!

Two things

we were talking with our pre-school children about family members and a member of staff told the children 'my grandma used to be called Grace', one little girl looked quite worried and shouted out 'But what is she called now, if she's not called Grace'.... very clever comment for a three year old, she particularily took note of the 'used to be' phrasing in the staff comment. :D

A little girl told me the other day that her mummy and daddy are seperated (there not!), when i asked her why they were seperated she said 'that's because Hannah's mummy and daddy are seperated, she has two houses and i wanted two houses so my mummy and daddy are seperated too'.

~ Intelligence for you, hey (she was only 3 and a half this child)

Dawn

I have a little boy in my class who was trying to write the word 'crab' but wrote 'crap' instead it was pointed to my attention by another little chap in my class.... who isn't the most angelic of children and he was totally aghast..... look X has written crap in his book...

L

• 3 weeks later...

Today, having read the story 'I don't want to go to bed', I asked my class 'what do you call animals that come out in the night?'. A very deep thinking and serious little girl replied 'teenagers'. My TAs, student and myself couldn't help but laugh!

had a funny momment with a child from the parrell class to me, she rarely jions in and i often see her wondering around but to day she came into me room and said "what ya doing" i exlpained that i was looking through a catologue to find new things to buy for the class but i do not have many pennies, a girl in my class said i need to go to the bank to get some. well the little girl soon piped up and "YEAH GET A JOB"

BLESS HER

We had a group activity today trying to sort out my puzzles which I had muddled up. One little boy was doing the vegetable puzzle but couldn't find the piece to put over the chips. I asked him 'what do we get chips from'? to which one bright spark piped up 'The chip shop!' :o

Guest MaryEMac

Our theme for this term is Celebrations and Festivals, so we turned our bookroom into a party room. On Friday I went in there and the food (play food) was all over the floor, so I asked the children to pick up the food because if it got trodden into the floor it would make a real mess. I added that their mums wouldn't be too pleased if they had a party at home and did that. I then left them to it and one of the girls followed me out, looked at me, raised her eyebrows and said "It's only pretend , Mary!"

That really put me in my place didn't it? :oxD

Mary

We had a map of the world play mat, globe and planes,etc out for free play last week when a little boy announced, 'I've been on holiday!' I put on my most interested voice ..'Ooh, have you Jake? Where did you go for your holiday?' 'I went to the doctor's!' he happily replied!! ...........Nothing too much wrong with him then!!!

a lunchtime conversation the other day, one lad said he was going to America, another lad replied "So am I". I asked him "How are you going to get to America"? He said " Well you go down there, round there, up the hill and then you go down again" :o

Peggy

• 3 months later...

Not so much 'funny' but 'putting things in perspective'...

My best friend has just found out that one of her amateur dramatic group committed suicide at the weekend (he was only 17) and she was obviously upset. Her four year old asked my friend why she was crying and she was honest with her and said that her friend had just died.

'Don't worry, mummy' replied Lindsey 'you've got other friends'

I guess all the hard work we do in nurseries about not worrying if one of your friends isn't playing with you because you have other friends to play with has rubbed off on her?

Bless!

Some of you might have read my post about my flu and fainting incident. Well I went back to work this week and the children have been really sweet. I have a rather unsightly scab on my lip where my teeth split it when I fell. One little boy said 'Let me see your lip!' I pushed it out for him to look and he said 'No, take that off so I can see your lip!' Then another one today was holding my hand asking me about falling over and tried to push up my trousers because he wanted to see my knees!!!

Guest MaryEMac

Last Saturday my daughter coloured my hair for me to get rid of those pesky grey hairs. On monday one of the little girls said to me "why have you changed your hair?" So I asked her what had changed. She pointed to my parting and said, "it's all black now". ( it's warm golden brown actually). She also asked my colleague what that thing was on her face. It was a cold sore which she was quite conscious about. So there's nothing wrong with her observation skills is there ? xD:o

Mary

This is a tearjearker...

A 3yr old boy lost his mum last year in a car accident, yesterday he told me that it's ok that mummy died cause daddy has got a new friend and i might have a new brother !

Story goes two widowers at the nursery have linked up and have started 'dating' both couples have same aged boys - how we all stop ourselves from welling up when they arrive with the boys and long awaited smiles from both parents I don't know, :oxD

it is a really lovely, wonderful coming together of two familes that we have watched fall apart over the last year. (husband had died two months previous to the boys mum of cancer).

The boys are saying things that make us all cry frequently, they have become inseprable - it's all good though :(:( .