Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Compost In The Sand Tray

HI,

Our current topic is GROWING and I want to put 'childfriendly' compost in our sand tray with trowels, pots and beans for the children to role play with. Has anyone used any particular compost with children or do you think I would be ok with any type as long as the children wear gardening gloves? I'm thinking of allergies.

odrinary compost, no gloves, plenty of water to wash hands or damp down so it does not fly.

have you seen idea for mud pies in growing topic planning?

mud pies under creative focus.. a twist to just compost, children loved it - thanks Sue R for plans. :D

Inge

peat free is certainly more environmentally friendly and doesnt dust up as much as ordinary compost which is what i found when using the normal stuff. Dont forget to add lots of artificial flowers too... great for the childrent o pretend to plant and see instant results xD

and MArion cant wait to see what happens with the bird seed :o

hi Apple...

not sure children just added them together and we added enough water to make it form shapes, think it was about equal of each. Bit hit and miss but very messy!! lots of paper or outside!

Inge

inge that a lovely idea for the mud pies... what are the quntaties of mud/salt and sand?

54739[/snapback]

Equal parts mud to sand and about a quarter of the ammount of salt :)recipe states

2 cups clean mud

2 cups sand

1/2 cup salt

but its no way enough to have fun just keep doubling up to a messy amount :o

Edited by Marion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)