Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Meals and voluntary contributions

We charge a price for a full day session which includes food for the day (lunch and snacks).  Where a child is funded for our 6 hour core day, it looks like the cost of the meals is not included on the invoice when I use a cost for the day.  Do i have to  amend the charge to the hourly rate and then add meals to each child individually?  We also invoice for a set price, weekly voluntary donation.  How can I add this - again must it be done individually?

Hi @Bev_Owen

The ability to add extra / consumables charges is something coming in a later release to Invoices! I've made a note of your interest in this, so we'll be in touch to let you know when it's available on Tapestry. 

In the meantime, you can decrease the cost of your session to account for food, and then add both the food and the weekly voluntary donation as an "Additional Line Item" which you can add to each invoice. You can use this for any kind of additional charge and they can also be used to discount things from an invoice. You can read more about how it works in this tutorial: Invoices: Generating an invoice.

Best wishes, 

Alexandra

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We also need the option to add things such as snacks, nappies etc.    As part of the funding contract with the LA we are required to ensure that the families have been given the option to avoid any additional fees e.g they can bring their own snack from home rather than have us provide it.  Please can we get this feature in place sooner rather than later as I was ecstatic when the invoice option was released (given the complexities and faff surrounding invoicing versus funding rules and the time this all takes) only to be somewhat deflated when I realised the topic had not been fully addressed.  Thank you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Bev_Owen, @Sarah Morton_1055523668 and @Mouseketeer,

We're very pleased to say that it's now possible to add extra charges on Tapestry's Booking and Invoices system! 🙂

This can be used to add any additional fees or items, such as consumables, to a child's invoice. You can start by adding the Extra Charges, and then they can be added to a child's regular schedule or applied as a one off charge.

If you need to amend a child's invoiced regular schedule to add these, we would suggest to create a new schedule from the date after your latest invoiced period to avoid adjustments (but don't worry- new schedules will now auto-fill with the last schedule's details).

These tutorials will show you how:

We hope you'll find this new feature useful! If you have any questions or feedback please let us know.

Best wishes,

Alexandra

• Like 1