Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

NNEB qualification 1987

Can anyone direct me to a definitive answer for NNEB level 3 status for 1987?!!!!

The school I am working for won’t recognise my certificate because the wording on it does not match the exact wording on the D of E list of approved qualifications.

D of E states it has to be an exact match-when that is not possible. This is just plain stupid-who compiled the list & from looking at how many certificates? I worked really hard to gain my NNEB.

There are lots of wording variations for the NNEB certificate pre 1990s which don’t match D of E-is everyone else still in employment working without level 3 full compliance?

Fellow students I know are in EYFS settings & have been since qualification.

Ive worked in private childcare for the last 30+years mostly through agencies ( including one run by my course tutor) & this has never been flagged! 

There was an article by Steve in here clarifying NNEB level 3 status with a link-now expired-does this have the answer I’m looking for?

Where do I go to CLARIFY this nonsense?

Has anyone got clarity from D of E who will know the answer?

Any other suggestions to solve this welcome.

Am trying to do a job to help a child at risk of exclusion and now find myself in the same position.

82FF75D9-7CBA-4959-BEB8-7C0B3A768FCA.thumb.jpeg.f3a9bde17f9710f132fa0ba93ba99fe1.jpegIronic but not funny.

NNEB certificates always seem to have been a tough one to ‘translate’ for the DoE.  Hopefully someone can come along and advise you.   In the meantime, it could be a plan to phone Ofsted and see what they advise? You just might get someone with a definitive answer.   I know you’ll have worked your socks off to get your level 3, so there has to be an answer!