Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anniversary Treat

Rea

I've been married 20 yrs in August and need ideas of somewhere to take hubby. Last year on his birthday we went on the London Eye and for our anniversay we had a couple of nights in Wales. All the things I've thought of which are along the same lines arent quite doing it for me, help with ideas would be great. :D It cant cost loads though cause I work in childcare. :o

For hubby's 50th birthday he didn't want any fuss, nothing more than us going out for dinner! Soo I took him out for dinner in Venice!! :D

It was not expensive, got ryan air flights for a total cost of £30 (for two!) It would have cost more for two train tickets to London, we stayed one night in a hotel and flew back late the next day.

Why not have a wander round the net and see what takes your fancy!

Good luck and do let us know what you decide :D

I've been married 20 yrs in August and need ideas of somewhere to take hubby. Last year on his birthday we went on the London Eye and for our anniversay we had a couple of nights in Wales. All the things I've thought of which are along the same lines arent quite doing it for me, help with ideas would be great.  :D  It cant cost loads though cause I work in childcare.  :o

54458[/snapback]

It's my 20th wedding anniversary next year so I'm looking for ideas too! I'm not a bit creative and like you we're on a tight budget. Let us know what you decide to do - have a great time!

for our silver last year we managed 4 days away in yorkshire so this year seemed a bit of a let down (nothing planned)At the last minute we booked a really posh hotel in pembrokeshire (our favourite place) and had the exec room just for one night but it was wonderful It was pricey but being one night we managed to afford it.my son and his girlfriend di the same last week for his 21st they stayed in a posh hotel in chester enjoying the pool,jacussi and sauna just on night!

For our silver we had a few nights in a windmill in Norfolk - Cley is the name of the village. We had the round room with the balcony around it - bit pricey, but worth it. On the first night we shared the room with a tiny bat, which kept knocking stuff down from the beams and resisted my husband's attempts to dislodge it using his rolled up socks(!! :o ), then on the day itself we walked for miles along the beach to see the seals out on their sandbank. My husband used his heel to mark a huge heart in the sand, with our initials and '25' in it. That's about the most romantic thing he's ever done and it still brings a lump to my throat when I think about it or look at the photo he took.

Now see what you've done Rea! We'll all be in pieces , what with this thread and Twinkle's engagement - crikey!! Nichola's wedding, too!! xD

Sue :(

Hi

We are buying a red letter day for my mother-in-law for her 60th birthday. It costs £199 for a hot-air balloon flight and a glass of champagne. We are paying about £50 each to make it more affordable for us. It is something she has always wanted to do.

Love the idea of a romantic picnic at a spot that has always meant something special for you both! You could surprise him.

Sorry can't think of much else at the moment.

My sister is planning her holiday of a lifetime for her 25th wedding anniversary next year - three weeks travelling around Egypt ( Nile cruise, Valley of the Kings, Cairo, Sharm El Sheikh etc). They are taking the children with them. They haven't really done much on their anniversary before (just meals or theatre). My sister took her husband to Rejavik (sorry can't spell it) for a long weekend for his 40th birthday, as he has always wanted to visit. Think that was quite expensive though.

I did nothing more for my 2nd wedding anniversary than help my husband with building new wooden garage doors and sitting down to watch a dvd with a bottle of beer and a pizza. It was nice. Next day we drove out to a pub (Swan with two nicks) for a pub lunch.

Yes, Louise, Reykjavik is expensive - we're going next month for a long weekend, for no other reason than I've always wanted to go and I'm special(!! xD !!)

Perhaps you could do that, Rea? - if you go without food between now and then - or eat only on alternate days?? :o

Sue (only kidding - sorry)

I do like the idea of a really good hotel for the night, but last time we did that I drank too much and cant remember what the room was like :o

He hates flying but thats an idea to go with, I fancy seeing the church in Barcelona that has been in the process of being built for the last 100 yrs or so, might make me view our house in a different light xD

Keep the ideas coming but sensible one's only please Sue R :( Snowdon indeed, with my knees?? :D OK I'll conceed. you are special :D

Oh Barcelona is absolutely wonderful and the Sagrada Familia (just showing off) is really fascinating. Their is a super park full of Gaudi designed things. I took a picture of our Nursery Teddy on the dragon there. you can get cheap flights is you book well inadvance, reasonably priced hotels. there is a tourist bus which takes you round the city to see all the sites and that was worth doing as we were only there for 3 days. Taxis are much cheaper that here and we used them once or twice.

For our 25th wedding anniversary we flew to dublin for two nights. We took a trip to the mountains of morn and it was lovely. Dublin is full of good pubs and there are some interesting shops as well.

I like the Venice idea- we went last year and have already booked to go again for a few nights duing the Mardi Gras next year. A once in a lifetime must is Venice- one of the wonders of the world, and not too dear for a good hotel room. Don't use the water taxis 'tho they are very expensive -use the Vaporetto - you can get day or several day tickets and use these as you wish all the time if your hubby is like mine he wouldn't get off the things until i threatened to jump overboard if we didn't go and visit something else! Venice is a place for a short break rather than a week at a time.