Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Agm

Hi, I'm play supervisor at a play scheme and having an AGM tomorrow which parents are invited to.

The commitee set up the meeting and Im not sure of my role as i've not done this before.

Can anyone give some insight into what i should be doing at this??

laura x

Not sure about playschemes but a preschool may of asked for an annual report from you, but as it's tomorrow, a bit late for that. :o

You are there as an employee of the committee, on an advisory role for normal meetings (non AGM) but again not sure about your role tomorrow. Why not have a quick word with the chairperson and see what he/she expects of you, if anything, other than attending.

Peggy

At our pre-school the supervisor has to give a report on the previous year. This is usually a brief summary of events month by month e.g xmas nativity, sports day, summer outing and the number of children attending each term etc.

As peggy suggested you do need to ask as all have their own rules as to how much input you can have at the meeting.

you may just be expected to attend ,

or as peggy says have an advisory role,

or may be expected to have more input.

in our setting which is pre-school rather than playscheme, we have voting roles and input in all areas during AGM, but not at other meetings where we are advisory only.

I know the local playscheme supervisor has no input at all and does not have to give a report, just be there to follow through on any of their decisions that affect her role.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)