Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Planning For Under The Sea

please can anyone help i am relatively new to foundation stage and have inherited the topics please can anyone share their medium term plans for the topic under the sea as what i have inherited seems very boring thanks paula

I'll have a look for you, but it might be next week before I can send you anything. I left me memory stick at work! Whoops!

Boogie :D

Hi Paula

Welcome to the forum.

If you go to the top right hand side of the page you will see a green box with search forum posts. Click on there and put Under the Sea into the search box. You will find a few topics there-not all of them are relevant but there are quite a few posts that are.

Good luck.

Linda

please can anyone help i am relatively new  to foundation stage and have inherited the topics please can anyone share their medium term plans for the topic under the sea as what i have inherited seems very boring thanks paula

54058[/snapback]

Hi ther

Im not in a early years setting but at a previous school we used :) a sensory approach using instruments,rainsticks wafty material water sprays and unbrellas and bubbles and sand under the sea songs. maybe have some sand on the floor with shells,seaweed sponges etc for the kids to explore even real fish dead and alive for the them to experienceHope there some ideas

Claire

I use Commotion in the Ocean when I did under the Sea. Kids loved it. You could make a submarine for your role-play and ask the children what they would see from inside and make what they suggest for them to look at. you could add a treasure chest and then that would lead on to wrecks and pirates. You could learn about pollution adding the kinds of rubbish that they would find under the sea and it's affect on the sea creatures.

My Friend Whale is a wonderful book if you can still get hold of it. lovely sad little story which lends itself to some drama work.

Here is an example of my planing that i did last year and had such a great response from the class and the headteacher (who is constantly refering to it as a great example of creative planning!!!!) that we are doing it again nect yearh

one thing i would say if you can is visit an aquarium if there is one in your area - so much inspritation!!

hope this helps

Sarah xoxo

under_the_sea_2006.doc

• 2 weeks later...
Here is an example of my planing that i did last year and had such a great response from the class and the headteacher (who is constantly refering to it as a great example of creative planning!!!!) that we are doing it again nect yearh

one thing i would say if you can is visit an aquarium if there is one in your area - so much inspritation!!

hope this helps

Sarah xoxo

54424[/snapback]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)