Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birthdays, Easter etc in Preschool

On 01/03/2022 at 20:01, Emma Bailey_902595195 said:

Could I please ask you whether you allow parents to bring sweets etc for children's birthdays to hand out? Also, do you give your children Easter eggs to take home? Obviously settings are trying to promote healthy eating and oral health etc, so just wondering 

Thank you in advance 

Yes we do, but we give them out at home time- and remind children they need to follow the parents wished (obviously in child language way with a talk about healthy eating etc.! 🤣)

We actually only give them out while the parent is in control at collection time though.

We also give a small chocolate treat at easter- again this is given directly to the parents. It\s only ever 1 or 2  very small choc bunny/chicks, usually in rice crispy nest. I'm a bit funny about giving small solid choc eggs though, as they can be a choking hazard - so its always those 'flat' choc things - about 12 for 75P ones

On 01/03/2022 at 20:01, Emma Bailey_902595195 said:

Could I please ask you whether you allow parents to bring sweets etc for children's birthdays to hand out? Also, do you give your children Easter eggs to take home? Obviously settings are trying to promote healthy eating and oral health etc, so just wondering 

Thank you in advance 

We have recently switched to birthday books....so the birthday child brings in the story for the day. They sometimes donate the book to us or they take it home (either is fine) . We tend to do playdough for easter. We have tried to cut down on sugar in lots of ways...cookery activities are thought about carefully. etc didn't stop us having pancakes today...though just with sugar and lemon, i wouldn't do chocolate spread etc now. To be fair this has been led somewhat by parents who have changed their preferences at home too

On 01/03/2022 at 22:17, finleysmaid said:

We have recently switched to birthday books....so the birthday child brings in the story for the day. They sometimes donate the book to us or they take it home (either is fine) . We tend to do playdough for easter. We have tried to cut down on sugar in lots of ways...cookery activities are thought about carefully. etc didn't stop us having pancakes today...though just with sugar and lemon, i wouldn't do chocolate spread etc now. To be fair this has been led somewhat by parents who have changed their preferences at home too

Do you do playdough for them to take home?

On 01/03/2022 at 22:23, Emma Bailey_902595195 said:

Do you do playdough for them to take home?

yes i found some little plastic carrots a couple of years ago, plastic eggs work well or the corner of a plastic bag tied to make it look like a carrot!! ..we have also done cups with a playdough cutter tied on.