Jump to content
Join Us
About Us

30 hour funding question


Recommended Posts


I have a set of parents who are separated , i didn't have dad on any documents but have recently added him.

Dad has a 30 hour code for the child, but she does not live with him. Mum does not have a 30 hour code child does live with her.

Can Mum use the 30 hour code allocated to Dad for his daughter?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Didn't want to read and run - but I haven't a clue!   At a guess I'd say no as doesn't it need to be both parents working? ..........unless a single parent ... and now I can see this is a never ending circle!


Thanks for the helpful reply 😂😅

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kathrynlovesrecycling said:

Per government info here, "You will not be eligible if your child does not usually live with you." so it looks like unfortunately they won't be able to use the 30 hours

Thank you, although how on earth do HMRC know that? I can't see how this can be monitored really?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)