Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Clemmie's Column

I have just discovered Clemmie's Column and reading the first couple of instalments reminded me of all those little things that my daughter did, which were actually really big things! I can totally sympathise with the hair pulling thing. My daughter is 2 now and still enjoys yanking handfuls of Mummy's hair... :oxD

Looking forward to reading how little Clemmie gets on! :D

Clare

Hi Barb!

I know what you mean! I found myself thinking back to the different things my daughter did at those ages and suddenly felt all broody :o !

I was given 2 baby books when I had my daughter and I can honestly say, I still fill them in religiously, so I have all the 'firsts' recorded. I don't often read back through them but having read about Clemmie, I might have to have a little read... :D

• 2 weeks later...

A sheer delight, well done. it reminded me of my own babies (years ago) and I felt a tear in my eye. i also thought of my grnadson, who is now two. He really fascinates me. Watching him learn and grow i kept matching up what he was doing to BBTM and also to schema. ridiculous really analysing everything but it is ingrained after all these years working with the under-fives. Next episode soon please.

I was interested in the hand regard - the strange object that appears unattached to the body. My eldest child is autustic. When she was very young, older than Clemmie 'tho, she spent hours just looking at her hands, and then eventually, through her hands. When she was in any new or uncomfortable situation she would put her hands up in front of her face and view the world through her fingers. This habit lasted for about twelve months. I noticed with all Jenny's development that it went through the same stages as a 'normal' baby but each stage came later and lasted longer as learning was a slow process. Fascinating.

I'm so glad you are all enjoying Clemmie's column. They are a delight to write and it means I watch Clemmie and spend time thinking about waht she can do now and how she got there - which is unusual for a third child! Thanks for the great feedback!

Jules :D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow Clemmie you are twelve months old now so Happy Birthday.

I have really enjoyed reading about you and the funny and intersting things you do. What a lot you have learnt in the last twelve months. Your mum is very proud of you and so are we. Gosh aren't you becoming more independent by the minute. ( You'd better find those cupboard locks Mum)

Just a thought - could we see a picture of Clemmie or is she being an anonymous celebrity?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)