Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All-in-ones

Hi everyone,

I've not been on for a while - unfortunately Facebook groups have sort of taken a-hold and I forget to check on here. I hope you are all well.

I was wondering whether people use all-in-ones for outdoor play in school Nursery and Reception classes. We had a set for the children to use in the mud area, however, we found them difficult to get on and off and they actually put some children off playing. At the moment we use slightly larger waterproof coats that go over their head and fit over their coats if need be for the mud area. However, we have had the usual complaints about children going home dirty and wet. We, of course, change the children if they are very wet or dirty and have asked parents to make sure their coat is waterproof as many have these soft shell school coats which just hold water. We now have a few parents sending in all-in-ones which I understand but am worried about how we are going to manage the children putting them on and off when there are only 3 members of staff and 2 children who need 1 to 1!

What do you suggest? Ask parents just for coats/try to manage all-in-ones/ask for separates?

Thanks in advance

Green Hippo x

we use all in ones and after some initial training the children do them themselves (including my send children) i like the ones that kzip from the crotch up. I find the ones that zip from the feet annoying and the children can't do the open zip easily. You could go for seperates but i tend to find these more difficult again open zips.

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

We hire ours to parents...all money made goes in to replacements. £15 for the year..then when children grow they dont have to buy new ones we just give the next size up

We charge an hourly ‘fairer funding charge’ for funded chn and one of the things we provide are good quality waterproof trousers/bib and braces. If anyone is near a Lidl they have some fantastic sets in at the moment.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)