Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exit Interview

We are a tiny pre-school with only 4 staff and now only 16 children!!  Our deputy supervisor has just handed her notice in so we are now down to three staff, which is fine with the amount of children we have each day.

A couple of questions.....

Does our committee need to carry out an exit interview? if so are there templates for these? 

Can the deputy supervisor role be split between two staff, so a named deputy each day. 

Can a named deputy supervisor be a level 2 but with 10 years experience/service in our setting? 

A named deputy needs to be level 3.   This is because if you couldn’t work for any reason, they would technically be in charge, and of course, that role has to be a minimum of level 3.  

it is possible to split the role, and I did it with my part- time level 3s very successfully.  They divided the elements o& the role between them, using their strengths.  

I think I would be wanting to do an exit interview.  Once she’s gone, you won’t ever have that opportunity for ‘closure’ for both of you again.  

• Like 3