Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fantasy Books For Y1

Hi everybody,

Now that I have moved to Y1 I read a lot on the forum but hav'nt posted for ages. Anway any ideas for fantasy world type books? There are none in a well stocked school.

Thanks Abi

I've been racking my brain as to what my lads read but its a distant memory. I used to read to them a lot, even if it was considered too old for them. I still read to the 13 yr old occassionally, at the moment we're doing The Hobbit again. :D I seem to remember a pack of books for boys that was along the Jaquie Wilson theme, but I have no idea of the author(s).

My local librarian is always a good source of info on whats hot and whats not. I used to find the age range given to books was never reliable, my children often laughed at my choices.

So theres my 'non' answer :oxD

Hi abi

I presume you are looking for stories to read to the children?

My Y1 class loved The Magic Faraway Tree (I know, I know, it's dated and a bit stereotyped but it's still fun :o )

The Young Puffin readers have some fun stories, which your more able readers might be able to tackle independently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)