Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leavers Presents...

Hi all

what do you all do for your children when they leave for school.. i dont want to look mean :o:DxD but all ideas at the moment seem to be a bit pricey :(

any ideas please :D

cheers

Jo

Last year our parents committee agreed to buy personalised pencil cases, complete with crayons etc. they were lovely - but no idea how much? I don't think they could have cost too much as we rely heavily on fundraising to help us along - I think the pencil cases were ordered from a fundraising catalogue probably Baker Ross?

We give each child a book when they leave. Their key worker writes a personal message inside each book. Last year we also made bookmarks which we had the name of our pre-school and July 2005 printed on. We laminated these and put one in each book. You can buy books cheaply from the 'book people' - a pack of ten books for about £9.00.

We used to buy books but I recently read about Sandwell Council in the West Midlands, when children leave the council nurseries they are given a bag containing a ball, bean bag, quiot (sp!) skipping rope and maybe something else. The idea was to encourage physical activity but also to stop the prevading thought that children can only learn to read and write by holding a pencil first. :D

We buy packs of books from the Book People and put a bookplate with our logo and the date in the front. We make bookmarks with a photo of the child at preschool.

I do like the physical skills set idea though. Maybe next year as we have already sorted this year. 2 Children who are going to school this year left last week as they are moving away.

Al

We present the children that are leaving with a 'book bag' for the school that they are going to. The committee go to each of the schools to get these and they cost about £2.50 each. We also present them with a laminated certificate from the preschool saying 'we have enjoyed the time you have spent with us and wish you all the best at xxx school' then it is dated and signed by all the staff.

Jenni

PS we do advise the school to let the parents know when ordering the uniforms etc not to get a book bag as the preschool do that!

I have given books in the past, one year each child recieved a recorder ( children loved them, although I'm not too sure the parents were that pleased :o ).

I also produce a CD for each parent which has every photo I've taken of their child during their time with us. I also make an A4 size card for the children, the front cover has the face of every child attending ( made into a montage (spelling!!?!) the child I'm giving it to has their face in the centre, in colour, and all the other childrens faces around the central one are in black & white.

I like Rea's idea of a physical activity bag :D:D

Peggy

cost involved in physical bag would take it well out of budget!

As others we use books..book people also for supplier last year we had 12 books for £8.00 and this year is a selexction made up of the last 3 years worth of left over books as when buying in sets there always seem to be some left att he end of each year.

name plate with logo and date inside.

Inge

Hi all

Thanks for your lovely ideas, i too think the physical bag is a bit out of price, as we only opened September 05, worth keeping in mind for when we are rolling in money :oxD:(:(

I like the ideas using photos and certificates and also the bookmarks, will talk ideas over with deputy.

Thanks again

Jo

We buy packs of books from the Book People and put a bookplate with our logo and the date in the front. We make bookmarks with a photo of the child at preschool.

I do like the physical skills set idea though. Maybe next year as we have already sorted this year. 2 Children who are going to school this year left last week as they are moving away.

Al

52527[/snapback]

We give each child a book when they leave. Their key worker writes a personal message inside each book. Last year we also made bookmarks which we had the name of our pre-school and July 2005 printed on. We laminated these and put one in each book. You can buy books cheaply from the 'book people' - a pack of ten books for about £9.00.

52522[/snapback]

Hi there, I love the idea of a book plate for our leaving book but please tell....where did you get them printed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)