Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Day!

Gezabel

Arghhhhhhhhh! <that feels a bit better>

Today started out like any other but certainly didn't stay that way :o

I know there have been messages recently with people having to contend with tragic and difficult situations and I suppose my day was not on that scale.

However, two head injuries in one morning xD and then had to call 999 for a parent who collapsed outside the setting at pick up time :( it was all quite upsetting and I just needed to go Arghhhhh! where people will understand :)

Mt sympathy's are with you Geraldine. If its any consolation I have had the most embarassind day that I have ever had in the 26 years that I have been supervising my group. It all started with student coming in to-day with no excuse or apology for not turning up Monday. I just got a humphh when I enquired about her absense the previous day. To-day I had 3 new parents and children visiting for part of the session. All was going well, new children had ventured away from their mums, all other children playing and interacting well. It was a very calm morning and then one of the other staff alerted me and pointed out that student at dough table with 6 children was behaving strangely, head in hands, eyes rolling back. I observed her from where I was in book corner and saw she had fallen asleep!!!!!!

it certainly helps to let it out...love the idea of a howler smiley.....

love to know what you did to wake the student Bubblejack....... must have been very tempting to give children the drums and musical insruments!!

Inge

I walked across to where she was sitting stood and listened to 6 children chatting away and I imagined that I was one of the children and how I would feel if my carer had fallen asleep. I woke her up and asked her if she was unwell but she didn't answer so I told her that neither her or the children were gaining anything from her being at pre-school and that she might as well go home. The session was coming to an end anyway and she had already asked to leave early because she was going for an interview. I hope she doesn't ask me for a reference although on the positive side I could say that she was happy and relaxed enough to fall asleep. I have phoned her at home but her brother tells me that she has gone out with her friends so I shall see what tomorrow brings.

We had a day like that yesterday.

One of my key children started to look paler and paler at snack-time. The next moment he was sick everywhere :( . I had just finished cleaning up my poorly child when all of the lights went out. "It must be a powercut" said my supervisor...................."well, if its a powercut why is the cd player still working" I answered.................................."I can smell burning" announced one of the other girls!!!!!!!!!!! :oxD:(

"Get the children out now" our supervisor shouts, grabbing the whistle to blow and the register. Naturally it was pouring with rain and windy outside. Fortunately we religiously practice our fire drill every session for a week each term so that all of the children are familiar with the drill.

Once we knew the building was safe and the electric was turned off at the fuse box we ventured back in with the children. It turned out to be a fuse that had blown from a faulty light!!

I hope we never have a day again like that one!!!!!