Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toilets outside the building

Looking for some advice - I have just transferred to a new nursery (2-5 years) and the toilets are not in the main building (children walk through a courtyard to another building in the school). Currently one member of staff accompanies children each time, they have no more than 4 children (4 toilets) or only 1 child if changing a nappy, myself and my deputy complete random spot checks, all staff are enhanced DBS checked and on the update service, and we have walkie talkies (staff member takes one and the other is kept with management). The toilets have obviously been inspected by Ofsted before the setting opened and there were no issues on the last 2 inspections. I have now been told by my manager that level 2s can't take children to the toilet, even though they are DBS checked. I am unsure of anything that supports this and would appreciate any help and advice with this situation.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure why you would need to be a L3 (and above) to deal with toilets. My L2takes them and changes nappies. 

Our toilets are in the same building but outside of our main hall, so out of earshot and sight. I wouldnt let a new member of staff take them- 

even with a L6 and a DBS! Where has this come from 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)