Jump to content
Join Us
About Us



Recommended Posts

Hello - when divorced parents do not agree? 

One parent happy to give consent for outside help - portage/SALT the other refusing consent 


Nothing we can do outside of our own strategies?


thank you like minded experts......any advice or experience of this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this is what gov.uk say

Parental responsibility for separated parents

If you have parental responsibility for a child but you don’t live with them, it doesn’t mean you have a right to spend time with your children. However, the other parent must include you when making important decisions about their lives.

You don’t always need to get the consent of the other parent for routine decisions, even if they also have parental responsibility.

If it’s a major decision (for example, one of you wants to move abroad with your children) both parents with responsibility must agree in writing.

You can apply for a Specific Issue Order or Prohibited Steps Order if you can’t agree. A judge will then make a decision which is in your children’s best interests.

You must make sure your children are financially supported, whether you have parental responsibility or not.

You can get help to arrange contact with your children.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)