Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are Profile Booklets Statutory?

Need clarification as not getting it from my borough (v helpful indeed!!!!). We used to do the pink FSP booklet but our borough came out with own version which included the 9 points for each area plus some extras so they are more broken down. Had a visitor recently who said this was not acceptable and we should be doing pink book as it is statutory. Recently a head teacher friend told me its only the score that is statutory and we can use our own booklet as originally advised. Help!!!!!! No one from borough is replying to messages/emails and am quietly going bonkers at prospect at doing 30 FSP bklets on top of what we have already started. Can anyone refer me to where it says in black and white if is statutory or not so I can prove this to any other visitors we may have!!!!(and also staff at school who aren't sure.

Thanks in anticipation

jacqui :o

Your Headteacher freind is quite correct, the scores aare statutory but the booklets are not.

You can find it in balck and white from teh QCA, where it says what do practitioners have to do!

here

Hope that helps.

As I understand it the booklet is optional but reporting the FSP results is mandatory - I don't use the pink booklets!

Jackie, the booklet is optional.

The scale scores have to be reported and that is statutory.

You can keep your records, and new booklet, however you wish as long as you report scale scores to LEA and should also be reported to parents.

silly 'visitor' obviously doesn't know his/her stuff! Lord help us if we have people in charge who don't even know this Jacqui! I can understand your frustration but clearly the forum know what they are talking about... forum for PM :D

It's all in the assessment and reportng arrangements booklet 2006 (the annual one) which as I am rapidly finding out has gone to Yr 2s in most cases (due to the large 1 on the cover) despite the fact it also says Foundation stage on the list of assessments too.

Humph xD:(

Cx :o

silly 'visitor' obviously doesn't know his/her stuff! Lord help us if we have people in charge who don't even know this Jacqui! I can understand your frustration but clearly the forum know what they are talking about... forum for PM :D

51480[/snapback]

apple- the scary thing is this 'visitor' is currently an ofsted inspector for the south and had been brought in to advise us!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their posts- v. reassuring

Jacqui

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I also find the e-profile very useful. You don't have paper flying about and you can also keep an eye on where all your children are at through graphs. If it were statutory or not, I would definelty still be using it. I don't think I would find the booklets as useful however.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)