Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery management software

Hi Everyone! I am looking for recommendations for nursery management software. I need something that will allow myself & my deputy to access it on different devices, from different places, potentially at the same time, and will keep everything updated.

I need it to do registers, class lists, waiting lists, future bookings, invoicing, funding, staff rotas, staff holidays, etc. I've seen some that will send out emails or even texts to all parents and this would also be useful.

I've looked at a few and quite like e-manager (e-log).  However I would like recommendations. It needs to be easy to use for people who are not very techie!

Thank you for your help.

I've used Instant Nursery Manager for about 10 years now.  They have a 'cloud' version meaning you can log in from anywhere and it will do everything you mentioned except send texts, I think.  It doesn't have a very modern look to it, but it is easy to use, has good technical support and is very good value compared to some.  They have a website where you can view tutorials so worth a look.

Thank you for the recommendation Stargrower. Just had a look and it says it is designed for monthly invoicing but termly is ‘an option’. Do you know if that is easy to do and whether you can issue some children’s invoices monthly & others termly? 

Just want to be careful to choose a system that will work for us so am interested to hear other people’s experiences of the various systems available. Thank you

Yes, you can do both.  We are full daycare and open year round so I invoice monthly but there is a tab on the desktop that says "Invoice Termly".  When you click on it, you're asked "This child" or "All children" so you can pick and choose.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Also use INM. They have just upgraded so it’s a little easier to log onto now and crashes less. As Stargrower said not v modern looking and I dislike the fact that you can’t edit the font or layout of letters / invoices but it has made invoicing and financial management a lot easier. I mainly use the staff list, register and invoices. 

• Like 1