Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Publishing observations

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to Tapestry. I've managed to set it all up and staff are writing observations but i can't figure out how to publish them to the journal. They are all set for manager's approval but how do i access that bit to actually send them from the tapestry online?

TIA 

Fay Nichols

Hi Fay,

Welcome to the Tapestry family! We are so happy to see you participating in the forum :) 

You can publish observations individually or in bulk. Please note that if you have relatives set up in your account and these are linked to their children, they will be able to see those observations in their children's journals, so please keep that in mind when approving them. If you'd like to add an observation to a journal but keep it hidden from relatives, you can publish it as 'staff view only'.

The easiest way to access unapproved observations only - so you minimise the scrolling - is to filter your observations by 'not in journal'.

For that, you'll have to go to the observations section, click on filter & sort observations, and then change the 'status' to 'not in journal'.  

image.png

Once the system is displaying those observations that need approval only, you can change an observation's status by going to the observations section and clicking on the cog by the observation you'd like to approve. Here, you will be able to select 'add to journal'.

image.png

You can also approve multiple observations in bulk by selecting those that want to approve, and then clicking on the corresponding option on the drop down menu that will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Do remember to press 'Go'!

image.png

I hope you found this helpful, but if you have any further doubts, please contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info.

Best wishes,

Olaya