Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Queen's Birthday

Hello everyone

We have decided to do a mini topic to celebrate the Queeen's 80th birthday (any excuse for a party!)

Any wonderful ideas out there to start us off? :)

Get the children to decide what food hey would like for the party . .... they could cut pics out of food catalogues ... fruit, sandwiches, cheese etc. They could also make smoothies or milk shake to drink.

What about getting them to wrap items up in birthday paper and then guessing whats inside by the shape.

Carol

OOPS it clicked off mid sentence - I was about to say that and I didn't like to admit it but I don;t know wheen it is.

Nikki

Please don't forget that classic of children's literature 'The Queens Knickers'!!! Seriously, we've incorporated it into our planning and its great. Makes a fabulous storysack too. We found it helped the children realise the queen is a real person. In my children's school the juniors helped make the storysack for Reception which was fantastic, not just creatively but for building relationships. Think celebrating the Queen's 80th birthday is a great idea - what is the actual date?

Great minds think alike it was one of the first ideas today :o

Her real Birthday is April (20th -21st xD ) Official birthday is 17th June this year (can we have 2 parties?)

Edited by Marion

She has two birthday celebrations per year doesn't she, one official- one not?????

The reason I think this is because I thought one is on 21st April ( my sisters B.day) and one on 15th June ( My B. Day). However this is a childhood memory and I may be completely wrong and my sister and I just had aspirations above our station- wanting to be royalty. :)

Peggy

Just did google search

Queens official birthday website

It seems my sister shares her official birthday ( 21st April) and I do not, her unnofficial birthday is celebrated on the 17th June 2006 ( other June dates previous years) by the Trooping of the Colour Parade. ( maybe it was on the 15th June one year in my past :o )

Peggy

seems I meant to say her unofficial is 21st April but it is her real birthday and her official is 17th June, not her real birthday but an official celebration. :oxD:(:(

(Thanks for the clarification Marion)

Why can't she have one birthday like everyone else :( :wacko:

Because she is special I suppose xD

Peggy

Ooh yes, I'd forgotten about "The Queen's Knickers". I wonder if the real one has ever read it? What sort of things did you put in the story sack?

I'm glad to see that other people are thinking of having a party too. We are having our party on the 28th as we will still be on our Easter break on the actual day (21st).

changing the subject slighty on the 21st (her birthday) she is on a walkabout in Windsor and my son (who is in air cadets) is going to walk round with her to hold the flowers etc...he is very excited.....

Has been told though that he could sell his berret to a usa torist and get at least £50!!!! :oxD:(:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)