Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Contributions

Hi,

I am looking at the recent EYFS moderation document on the Gov. website and updating/adapting the form I currently use. One point that I have always found that staff seem to struggle with is to show is the 'How are the children’s contributions represented?'

I'm interested to find out how others evidence the children's contributions, particularity when using Tapestry?

Any suggestions/example/ideas are gratefully received. Thank you

we often add what the children have said to their observations on tapestry giving you an in the moment childs contribution. We also have area planning sheets with why we are doing an activity ...often because x said Y or G went to the zoo this weekend etc

I would also say that they children's contributions are represented in the activities taking place in the setting. Maybe if it's something that you are worried about for moderation or insepction you could use the Tapestry 'tagging' facility to 'mark' activities that have come from children's ideas and interests. You could make a #child'scontribution tag.Then, when Ofsted come or when you are moderated you could search for that particular tag and talk about how it works (In terms of inspections, don't forget that evidence doesn't have to be something that you 'give' to an inspector, it can be something you tell an inspector about. For an inspector, evidence is sorted into DOCS (documents e.g. safeguarding policy), OBS (e.g. watching a member of staff counting children into and out of the garden to ensure that no one is left behind) and DISC (discussion e.g. staff explaining how they would report any concerns they might have))

Hope that helps, here is the tutorial explaining how to use tagging in case you are not sure.

:D

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)