Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Administrator - Job offer template

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody has a template of a job offer letter that they give to new members of staff? We have received to references, so I want to offer the job subject to dbs check. I am just stuck on what information I need to add as I have never had to recruit before (new to my current role as Playleader) Any tips or advice would be appreciated :) 

Many Thanks,

Emma

Is this any help?

Dear XYZ

Post of PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT

Further to your recent interview, I am writing to offer you the post of preschool assistant at XXXX Preschool. The starting date for this employment will be XXXX 

This offer is subject to:

·        Receipt of two references, which are in the subjective opinion of the setting, satisfactory.

·        You providing proof of your right to work in the UK, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum & Nationality Act (2006).

·        Completion of a satisfactory three month (one term) probationary/trial period.

·        Enrolment on relevant Pediatric First Aid training during your first 12 months.

·        Completion of the settings staff suitability self-declaration/disqualification by association forms

·        A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check with barred lists check,

o   If you are not yet subscribed to the DBS Update Services, you will need to undertake a new enhanced DBS check with barred lists check (even if you have an existing one) and present XXXX RC Preschool with the original copy of the DBS certificate. XXXX  

o   If you have a current subscription to the DBS Update Service, you must present XXXX Preschool with the original copy of your DBS certificate and provide consent for XXXX Preschool to perform a check on the DBS Update Service for any new information revealed since the certificate was issued. Where the results show that the DBS certificate is no longer valid as new information is available, you will need to undertake a new enhanced DBS check with barred lists check.

If you fail to produce your certificate, we will be unable to confirm your start date.

Please note that we will be unable to confirm your start date unless you have registered an up to date DBS check and both references are received.

Your hours of employment will be:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                    

• Your rate of pay is £XX. per hour and you will be paid via BANK STANDING ORDER. You will be paid MONTHLY in arrears.
  • Any holiday pay incurred will be paid in your third month. Holiday is paid on a pro rata basis. Holiday may not be taken during term time.
  • You will be employed on a probationary period for three months (one whole term).
  • During your probationary period, including any extension periods you will not be eligible for sick pay and employment may be terminated by either the employer or you giving one weeks’ notice in writing.
  • If your probationary period is extended and you fail to make sufficient progress either during or by the end of your extended probationary period, this is likely to result in your dismissal.
  • A full terms & conditions will be offered to you after a successful probationary period.

On your first day you should report to XXXXX at XXa.m. bringing the following original documents with you:

1.     Birth certificate or passport.

2.     National Insurance Number.

3.     Your bank details.

4.     DBS certificate

5.     P45 ( if applicable)

May I take this opportunity to welcome you to XXXX Preschool and wish you every success in your new post.

I should be grateful if you would confirm acceptance of this offer with the terms & conditions outlined and of the attached job description, by signing both copies of this letter and returning one copy of each to me as soon as possible.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 18:11, lynned55 said:

Is this any help?

Dear XYZ

Post of PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT

Further to your recent interview, I am writing to offer you the post of preschool assistant at XXXX Preschool. The starting date for this employment will be XXXX 

This offer is subject to:

·        Receipt of two references, which are in the subjective opinion of the setting, satisfactory.

·        You providing proof of your right to work in the UK, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum & Nationality Act (2006).

·        Completion of a satisfactory three month (one term) probationary/trial period.

·        Enrolment on relevant Pediatric First Aid training during your first 12 months.

·        Completion of the settings staff suitability self-declaration/disqualification by association forms

·        A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check with barred lists check,

o   If you are not yet subscribed to the DBS Update Services, you will need to undertake a new enhanced DBS check with barred lists check (even if you have an existing one) and present XXXX RC Preschool with the original copy of the DBS certificate. XXXX  

o   If you have a current subscription to the DBS Update Service, you must present XXXX Preschool with the original copy of your DBS certificate and provide consent for XXXX Preschool to perform a check on the DBS Update Service for any new information revealed since the certificate was issued. Where the results show that the DBS certificate is no longer valid as new information is available, you will need to undertake a new enhanced DBS check with barred lists check.

If you fail to produce your certificate, we will be unable to confirm your start date.

Please note that we will be unable to confirm your start date unless you have registered an up to date DBS check and both references are received.

Your hours of employment will be:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                    

• Your rate of pay is £XX. per hour and you will be paid via BANK STANDING ORDER. You will be paid MONTHLY in arrears.
  • Any holiday pay incurred will be paid in your third month. Holiday is paid on a pro rata basis. Holiday may not be taken during term time.
  • You will be employed on a probationary period for three months (one whole term).
  • During your probationary period, including any extension periods you will not be eligible for sick pay and employment may be terminated by either the employer or you giving one weeks’ notice in writing.
  • If your probationary period is extended and you fail to make sufficient progress either during or by the end of your extended probationary period, this is likely to result in your dismissal.
  • A full terms & conditions will be offered to you after a successful probationary period.

On your first day you should report to XXXXX at XXa.m. bringing the following original documents with you:

1.     Birth certificate or passport.

2.     National Insurance Number.

3.     Your bank details.

4.     DBS certificate

5.     P45 ( if applicable)

May I take this opportunity to welcome you to XXXX Preschool and wish you every success in your new post.

I should be grateful if you would confirm acceptance of this offer with the terms & conditions outlined and of the attached job description, by signing both copies of this letter and returning one copy of each to me as soon as possible.

Do you mind if I copy this and put it in our resources area? It will be very helpful to people!