Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rented Premises

we have a new one also that just directs parents where to go :o

I keep telling parents where to go Hali but they insist on bringing their children back every day.

I must admit I was a bit miffed when I realised there was a children's centre being put up on my doorstep - but the Borough promised that our centres wouldn't offer childcare, and they've stuck to their word. Otherwise, like Peggy I would have been very pessimistic about my chances.

Mind you, they might want a suitably qualified person to run it, mightn't they?

Maz

Thanks Wolfie, Inge, Hali for your positive thoughts, and Maz for your empathy. :o

I am currently applying for sustainability grant, so luckily I am working with my childcare development officer ( I think that's her title) at this very moment. I am currently running at a loss of £100 per week, so really not feeling that optimistic about the future.

I had a cancer scare during the summer holidays, ( all ok apart from a final op due soon to remove a cyst), this made me sit up and realise what is important in life, the coffee jar poem ( if you know it was sent to me by a very kind member of the forum).

Well, my motivation has been up and down, up and down, should I close, should I continue.

I am actually starting to think positively about the primary schools Childrens centre status, if it doesn't include a Nursery, as it could be an actual life line to my business. I have tentative links already with the schools Foundation Stage Co-ordinator, she actually visited my setting when I had an open day to 'show off' my sensory resources.

It is in the initial planning stages so hopefully I can get in on the planning at the beginning. fingers crossed.

Peggy

I'm sorry to hear about your scare - hope everything goes well.

I hope that one of the things that 'came up' in your review of what is important, is just how important you and your setting are in the lives of the children and families you support through your work. You have given so much and still have so much to give to the world of early years - I'm sure no-one will want to see your setting close. As you say, this might prove to be a much needed lifeline for your business.

The fact that to you your nursery is more than 'just' a business is clear to everyone who comes into contact with you. Good luck with your planning - I hope you realise all your dreams.

Be good to yourself and take care.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)