Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ratios unqualified

Hi, 

Please can someone tell me if unqualified staff can be counted in full ratios the same as other members of staff.

Also if level 2 staff are counted in ratios as level 3 staff are? I.e. 2 year olds 1-4 and 3+ 1-8. 

Thank you in advance 

20 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Hi Rebecca,  feeling very confused! I have been told that for example if there are two qualified members ie level 3 and above, alongside we can have 1 member of staff who is unqualified to count in the ratios for example. Now that unqualified person say with 2-3 year olds can only cover half the ratio 1:2 not 1:4 Because they are unqualified. Please could you clear this confusion up as i thought if they are counted in they can cover proper ratio's. They unqualified members are very good and I feel confident having them in ratio.

Thank you

you can operate with 3 members of staff with one unqualified if the other two are level 3. There is no change in ratio. So 1/4 for the 2's and 1/8 for the 3plus. you don't need to allocate per person...so the unqualified could be allocated to the 2's or the 3's its the group of adults that would count.

• Thanks 1

On 08/03/2018 at 09:40, Rebecca said:

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I knew it was that but needed some extra advice just incase i was wrong. Thank you again. You have made my day! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)